Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Scott's To Do List posted 24 June 2004 in The Thousandfold ThoughtScott's To Do List by Damaen, Candidate

-"accidentally" edit GRR Martin's Jaime Lannister into plot. "whoops." (just, you know, cause it'd be fun. I'll give you a cookie)

-Have Akka slip, refer to creepy soul/doll/thing as "mr GingerBread Man from Shrek."

-scourge the shire. nobody likes hobbits.

- Start. Writing. Now.

;] view post

Scott's To Do List posted 10 August 2004 in The Thousandfold ThoughtScott's To Do List by JustifiedHeretic, Peralogue

damn hobbitsssss and their hairy feetssss...although it was cool when he hit him with a rock....oh rocks...so much fun... i mean...yah about that book...take all the time in the world (just make it snappy) hahaha i cant wait! view post

Scott's To Do List posted 11 March 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtScott's To Do List by gyrehead, Candidate

Get a sample chapter posted as soon as possible and then make sure everyone from the heavy hitters in the rec.arts.written.sf newsgroup to the guys over at SFFworld all know about it.

Make sure to have a wellcrafted blurb to post on the various amazons when TTT is finally listed. Make sure it goes beyond the general to catch the fan who has read the first two books but stays broad enough to intrigue someone who has yet to take a look at any of the books. Include something unique from the various cover blurbs and listings that will draw people and have fans talking. This helps make sure that people don't wait for TTT to come ou in ppbk. Make them want it NOW and keep it that way.

Use this site to give out a little tidbit a week when the date is due. Like the wonderful blurb you gave from the glossary recently. Something that will keep the fans coming here to the site and get people talking.

The power of the internet, despite the lackadaisical apporach by most publishers, is still quite strong. On the Rec.arts.written.sf newsgroup alone, about 600 messages are posted daily and right now there are about three huge threads active that include your work being mentioned.

Not that you have anything else to do. But a little squeaking can sometimes get a lot more oil than you might think. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown