Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Terry Goodkind engages in rape fantasy? posted 01 September 2004 in Literature DiscussionTerry Goodkind engages in rape fantasy? by Andrew, Peralogue

"anarchy wears the robes of tolerance and understanding"

Actually i can buy that comment. I've been in a university for the last 6 years. Anyone who doesn't believe that mantra's of "tolerance" can lead to the utmost intolerant and oppressive atmosphere should take a close look at their local university. Or just read recent news from Concordia university.

In terms of Goodkind's comments on history, i think he is generally correct in the sense that historically one can very often see a tipping point in the lifecycle of a nation or empire or whatever, which point often revolves around a rejection of the system, moral or philosophical, that enabled the initial sucesses of the nation. Don't believe our society may be at that tipping point? then what do you think the election in the U.S. is all about? I doubt there has been a point in American history when the electorate was so fundamentally divided. Even during the Civil War I would suggest the two sides were fundamentally far more similar than the two sides of the Bush/Kerry camp.

I do agree about the quality of his writing, and his story though. I can't stand Goodkinds' writing since the third book in the series. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown