Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Human Hunger posted 11 August 2004 in Philosophy DiscussionHuman Hunger by JustifiedHeretic, Peralogue

This is just going to be a "rolls eyes" thread I'm thinking, but I would like to hear everyones opinions on this.

Humanity is never content with what it is given, so thus our need for more and more, complexity after complexity is born until, we crave for less. For the simple, the plain, because we have crowded our lives with useless complexities that consume at monstrous rates what the Earth cannot reproduce at the same staggering rate, all the while still inwardly wanting more to prove our prowess, our power, our wealth. We say we want to save the world, to help it, to live better, but yesterday I saw a hippy driving an SUV....I mean really if you ahve "Peace on Earth" and "Strive for a Green Planet" bumperstickers on your vehicle, it should not be an SUV!!! In a rather unfortunate turns of events however there is no more to take, only so much can be offered from this world and from mankind itself and once that is gone, what will our hunger for greater, more powerful, more complex tangibles turn to? view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown