Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

"Murderous Children" posted 30 March 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]"Murderous Children" by Madness, Peralogue

Despite my love of writing and my absolute awe of Cû'jara Cinmoi's works, I've been finding it increasingly diffucult, as usual, to sit and post here on the three-seas forum. Tonight, assuming once again that my friday night does not barrel through my apartment door, I'm hoping to write a few posts concerning The Great Ordeal.

As always, I've been visiting the site regularly to read current threads. It's good to see an increase in posters speculating on active threads and resurrecting formerly dead ones that've incited them to write. Furthermore, it's good to see an increase of speculation, in specific, on The Great Ordeal and The Aspect-Emperor novels.

As I've maintained throughout my writings concerning The Great Ordeal, it's synopsis provides invaluable insights into the future of Eärwa. Combined with attention to detail and fact, the synopsis can provided innumerable truths concerning the state of Eärwa, 4132 Year-of-the-Tusk.

With no less import than any other excerpt from the synopsis, the details and implications of the "murderous children" must be speculated on.

Despite the quality, or lack of quality, of the arguments so far posted, all have missed the argument which can provide true insights into the personalities and subsequent relationships of "Kellhus's" children.

Again, as I've iterated before, all of Cû'jara Cinmoi's work possesses an ingenious weave which causes, as it has, an intermingling of speculations. All events are tied together and, as the Dûnyain maintain and as in the real world, what comes before determines what comes after.

To surmise how these children may grow or into what mold Cû'jara Cinmoi will cast them, we first must speculate on Anasûrimbor Kellhus.

It is written plainly in a number of Kellhus's narratives in The Warrior-Prophet and The Thousandfold Thought that, as Buckethead's friend theorized, Kellhus first manipulates Esmenet due to her personality and innate traits. Unlike most women throughout the Three Seas, Esmenet is intelligent and penetrating, capable of innumerable insights. Kellhus, whom in my opinion remains Dûnyain for the majority of the books, selects her as a breeding tool; a natural selection for one whom the stables of Ishuäl are inaccessible.

However, as I've maintained, I believe that at the end of The Thousandfold Thought Kellhus is becoming or has become deluged by emotions.

As we readers know throughout the novels there are several instances where Kellhus finds the darkness coming before. True emotions surface. Pity for Cnaiür, disgust due to Cnaiür harsh treatment of Serwë, and, most importantly, love for Esmenet.

Regardless of the overwhelmingly important question of the validity of Kellhus's prophetic status, I don't believe a man of emotions will raise his children as tools; as Moënghus the elder raised Maithanet.

I believe something many readers, subsequently speculators, fail to realize is that throughout The Prince of Nothing Anasûrimbor Kellhus walks conditioned ground. Despite what Kellhus's own possessions imply of Dûnyain power, he himself walks the grand design of another.

The Dûnyain Moënghus, whom I maintain remained Dûnyain despite his expulsion by the Pragma, orchestrates the entire movement of events throughout The Prince of Nothing, in order to see his son, Anasûrimbor Kellhus, a whole Dûnyain before him. Those of you who believe Maithanet was more, disillusion yourselves. He was a pawn and tool in Moënghus's grand design, nothing more.

Do not speculate on the children using Maithanet as a template, for without Moënghus's training, Maithanet would only have been a smart man.

In light of the above, I continue my assertions of "Kellhus's" children.

I reiterate I do not believe Kellhus remains Dûnyain. I believe in The Aspect-Emperor novels we will encounter an Anasûrimbor Kellhus whom has fallen victim to emotions. A kinder, gentler, and most assuredly wiser Kellhus. I believe it will be interesting, if speculations prove correct, to encounter a Man who was once Dûnyain.

There is an entire other half to speculations concerning the children, as some of you have mentioned already; Esmenet.

I do not share Curethan's belief that Esmenet knows of Moënghus's father. I do believe, however, that she will prove the more influential parent.

Furthermore, though Harrol's speculation, I believe, was a commentary on how Esmenet's possession would affect her parenting, I like Jamara's assertion that the Inchoroi presence could have affected Kellhus's firstborn as well.

Regarding the children themselves:

I do not believe that Moënghus's true parentage would make him inferior to any of Kellhus's children. Though Cnaiür's knowledge and insights of the Dûnyain were due to his interaction with Moënghus the elder, it was his abnormal Scylvendi intelligence that lead him to the insights at all. I maintain that Moënghus the younger would have little, if any, trouble keeping pace with his siblings should Kellhus train them.

I feel myself losing steam, at least concerning this thread, however, I'd like to add a quick note here at the end.

Though my original thought concerning the "murderous children" was that Moënghus and his sibling will prove to be a tag-team pair of hellraisers, I'm inclined to tip my hat at G. Bass and Incu-Pacifico; I can definitely imagine there being much antagonism between the sons especially in political arenas. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown