Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Most cruel act yet? posted 18 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Mithfânion, Didact

For me it's definilty the treatment of Xunnurit, elected King of Tribes of the Scylvendi. The way he is handled by Conphas and the Emperor is beyond simple cruelty and malice. Sure, he was an asshole to Cnaiur before the battle but even he didn't deserve this. Heavy chains about his neck, wrist as well as the feet, his eyes stabbed out, totally naked and in addition to that, deliberately malnourished so that he would also come to look as an emcciated skeleton. Rarely have I seen a description of a man so degraded (reminiscent of German war camps).

Did anyone think there were surpassing acts? view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 18 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Lucimay, Subdidact

well...kelhus hanging in the tree with serwe was pretty awful but i think for cruelest, i'd have to agree with you regarding xunnurit. view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 18 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Nauticus, Auditor

I'd have to agree about Xunnurit as well, I think. The book had it's fair share of cruelty, but I think he got the worst of it. view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 18 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Deerow, Auditor

I agree. Especially because I liked his character so much...to have to see him go through that was particularily cruel (especially considering the reason he was there). view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 19 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by H, Auditor

I'll go with Kellhus taking Esmet from Akka. Take what a man tresures most, and not have the decency to kill him? Pretty bad, leaving Akka with nothing but the Dreams and an empty bed, plus the added indignity of having to watch Kellhus be with her too. Ouch. I don't really like Akka much, buit i'm felling that... view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 19 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by anor277, Didact

I cannot shed too many tears over Xunnurit or Achamian; for mine the most cruel act was Serwe’s family actually selling her at the age of 14 into God knows what rape and indignity. That this act seemed to be fairly widespread among the Norsirai families makes it all the more reprehensible. view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 19 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Deerow, Auditor

good point anor. There is really too much rape and torture and abuse to pick out just one thing that bothers you. view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 30 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Tattooed Hand, Auditor

I think what Moenghus made Cnaiur do really takes the cake for me. Being tricked into betraying your own father unto death and then only after realizing you got played. Oh, and that the guy who tricked you knocked up your mom too and thus got her ripped to bits. And he's 14 when this happens? I totally sympathize with his homocidal tendencies. I don't know if I would actually try to kill Moenghus myself, but I would sure want to... view post

Most cruel act yet? posted 30 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMost cruel act yet? by Mithfânion, Didact

Yes and then theer's the added resentment of a lifetime long being scoffed at by your clansmen. Faggot weeper. Nice. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown