Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Mechanics of magic use posted 12 July 2005 in The Darkness That Comes BeforeThe Mechanics of magic use by ttp, Commoner

Hi

I really enjoyed the first book. However some things about the use of magic really bugs me. In particular, the use of chorae to neutralize magic users.I can see how mages would avoid something that would kill them at a touch, but i dont see how a person carrying a chorae can be totally immune to the effects of magic. For instance, the mage could just use magic to manipulate the physical environment around the victim to affect the victim indirectly eg. telekinectically throw a stone or drop a stone slab or open a crack in the ground or create a vacuum around the victim.. the possbilities are endless.

what do you guys think? view post

The Mechanics of magic use posted 12 July 2005 in The Darkness That Comes BeforeThe Mechanics of magic use by Cynical Cat, Auditor

This is addressed in detail in a thread in the Q& A section.

[url=http://forum.three-seas.com/viewtopic.php?t=704:1ldw9axv]Chorae[/url:1ldw9axv]

To answer your question, you cannot directly affect someone touching a Chorae with magic but that doesn't make him immune to the changes in the natural world that result from it (collapsing roof, for example). view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown