the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Wraeththu series by Storm Constantine posted 03 Jun 2005, 10:06 by Ashmael, Candidate

Did you ever read theWraeththu series of Storm Constantine, on a series of beautiful, terrific androgynes evolved from humanity? they rock! view post

posted 02 Jul 2005, 03:07 by Chris, Commoner

I haven't read the Wreaththu series but I did read her Chronicles of Magravandias series and quite liked it. Not a very popular author though. The few people I found who had read her stuff seemed to regret the experience. view post

posted 07 Jul 2005, 03:07 by Ashmael, Candidate

Well, I've read the two Wraeththu trilogies and enjoyed them immensely, so did many others. Certainly, Stoprm Constantine 's name is not very known but deserves to be. Her fantasy is unique, very far from grim bloody behemots like those of Jordan. And It's psychologically very profound. Read the review I've posted in Reviews. view post

posted 17 Feb 2006, 03:02 by selfnoise, Commoner

I read the first trilogy years ago and found it to be tremendously compelling, if a little rough around the edges. The subject matter (hermaphrodites) makes it a little too out-there to ever get a big audience, but everyone I've ever recommended it to has liked it. view post

posted 07 Feb 2007, 20:02 by fixedMind, Commoner

I enjoyed the Wraeththu trilogy, I haven't read the second one, though I may still someday. Took me a few reading sessions to adjust to the subject matter and almost gothic( I use the word literally) writing style, but once I did I enjoyed it immensly. Definatley worth the read. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.