Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Moenghus and Mandate posted 12 April 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMoenghus and Mandate by Morgoth Bauglir, Candidate

Could it be possible, and I'm acting on a hunch here, so bear with me, that Moenghus could be, not a Cishaurim, but some kind of Consult-spy schoolman who has mastered the Gnosis? Think about it; Dunyain have most of their power through the ability to read peoples' expressions- the Cishaurim have no eyes; while we know little about Psuke, we know that the Gnosis contains the Cants of Calling, by which someone can enter the dream of another as long as he knows where he is- i.e. Moenghus could find Kellhus. This is just a theory, and I'm not nessesarily saying I myself believe it, but it's definantley something to think about.

-Morgoth Bauglir view post

Moenghus and Mandate posted 12 April 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMoenghus and Mandate by White Lord, Subdidact

Quote: "Morgoth Bauglir":2e5n9fl1
Could it be possible, and I'm acting on a hunch here, so bear with me, that Moenghus could be, not a Cishaurim, but some kind of Consult-spy schoolman who has mastered the Gnosis? Think about it; Dunyain have most of their power through the ability to read peoples' expressions- the Cishaurim have no eyes; while we know little about Psuke, we know that the Gnosis contains the Cants of Calling, by which someone can enter the dream of another as long as he knows where he is- i.e. Moenghus could find Kellhus. This is just a theory, and I'm not nessesarily saying I myself believe it, but it's definantley something to think about.

-Morgoth Bauglir[/quote:2e5n9fl1]

You can do the same thing with the Anagogis or the Psukhe. Actually I think communicating with other people with sorcery could be the easiest thing to do . . . Also remember the scene with Cishaurim sorcery while Skauras and the Emperor first negotiate, that doesn't make it like they are deficient in this department . . . view post

Moenghus and Mandate posted 12 April 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMoenghus and Mandate by Morgoth Bauglir, Candidate

Yes, I see that now. I'm still finishing TWP (go easy on me; I couldn't find it anywhere and Amazon didn't work!) and I just got to the part where Kellhus talks to the Cishaurim about his father; its obvious that Moenghus is Cishaurim. Je regrete; je n'ai pas compris mes mots! view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown