Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Friends... posted 20 March 2005 in Author Q & AFriends... by Cynadar, Candidate

How can I convince friends of mine to pick up the series. They seem to be unmotivated to read something outside of their range of "comfortable authors". Even when I tell them of how great this series is, they continue to deny my requests to read it (after all, discussion face-to-face is alot easier than internet). Help??? view post

Friends... posted 21 March 2005 in Author Q & AFriends... by Quinthane, Candidate

Make yourself a 'What Would Kellhus Do" key-chain. When your friends ask what WWKD means, play it off like it's something they'd never understand. They'll eventually crack under the weight of ignorance and read the books in order to save face. R. Scott will take it from there.

It's one way to go. You may want to drop into the probability trance to be sure it's the shortest path. Be carefull though. Makes sure you know what you're doing. Last Friday morning at Starbucks I used it to discover the shortest path to a free venti mocha. When I came out of it, the store was closed, it was 2:45 a.m. and my wallet was gone.

So bone up on it. The Logos is without begining or end...but the middle is freakin huge! view post

Friends... posted 21 March 2005 in Author Q & AFriends... by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

LOL!

I would use reverse psychology. Tell them the book is likely too deep, too complex, too violent, and too graphic for them anyway. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown