Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Character Classes posted 16 March 2005 in RPG DiscussionCharacter Classes by Sovin Nai, Site Administrator

All right. After many months of myself not really doing my job properly, I feel it is time to get this thing going again.

To begin: do we want character classes dependent upon race and why? view post

Character Classes posted 16 March 2005 in RPG DiscussionCharacter Classes by Sovin Nai, Site Administrator

I voted yes because I think race/ethnicity is an important part of how a person lives. I would say someone of another race raised in a given race would be able to take a race based class, but I do not see enough evidence of that in Earwa to allow it in an RPG. I feel greater emphasis should be placed on being more ordinary than in many other RPGs. view post

Character Classes posted 17 March 2005 in RPG DiscussionCharacter Classes by Hellscythe, Auditor

I also voted yes, because of two reasons. One, it will keep people from getting too out of hand with their characters, like we wont have a super-powerful character. Two, it will encourage people to be different races in order to use that races inherent abailities view post

Character Classes posted 07 June 2006 in RPG DiscussionCharacter Classes by JustifiedHeretic, Peralogue

Voted Yes.

C'mon people we need to pick this thing up again. view post

Character Classes posted 28 July 2006 in RPG DiscussionCharacter Classes by Hellscythe, Auditor

This subject has to be picked up again. If I could vote, Id vote yes. Ive seen a few people in aol guilds who play uber-god characters,like, take for example, a angel-demon-samurai-mage. Funny, huh? There are others, like 15-year old king with the powers of the druid and the ability to become incorporeal and speak with ghosts. That is why we need some control. That is why a characters abilities should be tied to their race. view post

Character Classes posted 06 December 2006 in RPG DiscussionCharacter Classes by Harrol, Moderator

I agree that way it is more enjoyable and realistic. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown