Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Art for the UK Editions posted 14 January 2005 in Author Q & AArt for the UK Editions by Half-a-Prayer, Commoner

Living in the UK and having to put up with the awful cover art for the first editions that we had over here I have to ask, is there any chance of Orbit using the Canadian covers, which look much better? Congratulations by the way on getting a bigger publisher like Orbit to take over your UK publishing. They have the muscle to give the books the marketing they deserve as well as the inclination seeing how well the books have sold in Canada/US. view post

Art for the UK Editions posted 14 January 2005 in Author Q & AArt for the UK Editions by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

I'm very happy to be with Orbit, especially with Darren Nash, who was the editor who first signed me at S&S - before Viacom came a gobbling, that is... It looks like they'll be pulling out the stops for the summer release of TDTCB in mmpbk and TWP in tpbk this summer.

I made my bid for the Canadian covers, but Orbit opted for a reworked version of the S&S covers, which although very similar, seem to make a big difference. I'll see if they have any jpegs they can send me that I can post - but since its the spot gloss they use that does the trick for me, I'm not sure the differences will come through that well. view post

Art for the UK Editions posted 14 January 2005 in Author Q & AArt for the UK Editions by Mithfânion, Didact

The English covers aren't too bad IMO, they just don't rival the Canadian/US editions.

Cool btw that Orbit will be releasing TDTCB and TWP back-to-back within a month time. view post

Art for the UK Editions posted 15 January 2005 in Author Q & AArt for the UK Editions by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

Very cool. They're also supporting it with a national adrail poster campaign. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown