the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Announcement from Orbit in regard To R Scott Bakker posted 25 Nov 2004, 23:11 by drosdelnoch, Subdidact

Hi A/all, Just to let you know that Ive had a mail from Orbit telling me this, looks like us UK readers will have to wait until Summer, for the Warrior Prophet. Heres whats known : "Yes, last but by no means least, I am pleased to announce that Orbit has bought the rights to R. Scott Bakker's The Prince of Nothing trilogy from Simon & Schuster UK, beginning with the mass market paperback edition of his first novel, The Darkness That Comes Before. "Scott was the first author I acquired as editor of Earthlight, so I’m delighted that we've been able to come to an agreement with S&S, and am very much looking forward to working with him again." Look for The Darkness That Comes Before and The Warrior Prophet to come out in close proximity next summer. Unhappy Brit, Gareth view post

posted 04 Dec 2004, 21:12 by Edge, Peralogue

Nuts. :cry: That's a long wait. I'll have to order it from amazon.ca I suppose. view post

posted 06 Dec 2004, 17:12 by drosdelnoch, Subdidact

Part of the problem is that its still listed in the Simon and Schuster Jan-June 2005 catalogue in which it states that its out Feb 05. Will have to wait. Mind you the bright side is by the time that Ive finally got my hands and read both novels (the first for the 4th time) then the final part wont be far off. I'd also be interested to know what Ray has to say on the matter and if the Uk release date for the third part will coincide with the release in the rest of the world. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.