Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

White vs High ? posted 22 November 2007 in The Thousandfold ThoughtWhite vs High ? by Túrin, Commoner

What is the difference between the White Norsirai and the High Norsirai ? view post

White vs High ? posted 13 July 2008 in The Thousandfold ThoughtWhite vs High ? by Arkarrus, Commoner

They are (the?) two different branches of the Norsirai 'race.'
The High Norsirai settled around the Sea of Neleost, and developed into the Umeri, Tryse, Kuniuri, Aorsi, ect. As far as I can tell they all died out or assimilated into other peoples during the Apocalypse (with the exception of the Anasurimbor, hidden by the Dunyain).
The White Norsirai were the Pastoralists of north central Earwa, including the Istyuli Plains, Sea of Cerish and River Tywanrea. By the time of the books they include the Pastoralists north of the Cerish, Atrithau, Sakarpus, Galeoth,Thunyerus, Ce Tydonn and the Nymbricani clans.

This information is derived from usage in the Encyclopedic Glossary.
In the Dialects table, the High Norsirai speak Aumri-Saugla and descendants languages, while White Norsirai speak Nirsodic and descendants languages. (It would seem that the Dunyain are then mainly High Norsirai, but their origin, as far as I know, remains unclear) view post

White vs High ? posted 16 July 2008 in The Thousandfold ThoughtWhite vs High ? by anor277, Didact

Quote: "Arkarrus":1vbqlot0
In the Dialects table, the High Norsirai speak Aumri-Saugla and descendants languages, while White Norsirai speak Nirsodic and descendants languages. (It would seem that the Dunyain are then mainly High Norsirai, but their origin, as far as I know, remains unclear)[/quote:1vbqlot0]

So now we know? This reminds me of an English comic describing the origins of the English civil war. He said that the Roundheads were grim, glowering people who looked like Ross Kemp, and who did not get with the Cavaliers, who were people who looked like Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen, who were interested in interior design and painting. When the Roundheads and Cavaliers had a fight, naturally the Roundheads won. This is quite funny if one has ever seen much British TV; it's probably meaningless to those who have never lived in Britain and to them I apologize. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown