Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

White-Luck Warrior posted 25 September 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Ironsoul, Commoner

Yo dudes..hasn't anybody else realised that Cnaiur is the White-Luck Warrior?

Regards,
Ironsoul view post

White-Luck Warrior posted 28 September 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Karol, Commoner

Huh! I never even thought of it that way! I did like how Bakker left it open at the end as to whether or not Cnaiur survived; I was rather of the opinion that he did. view post

White-Luck Warrior posted 02 October 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Ironsoul, Commoner

Was hoping for more feedback but there you go. Anyway, i reckon Cnaiur did actually die but somehow he has been brought back to life in the body of this young man who was with his wife and daughter. My reason for first of all, believing that the young man has been possessed is the reaction of his wife. She immediately begins to question him, asking if he is okay. We then hear her thoughts, "You look like you're dreaming" and "Wake up please! You're scaring me!" in a trance-like state he ignores her and even shoves her arm out of the way. For me that's pretty good evidence that the young man is no longer himself and would suggest possession.
Now i believe that whoever is possessing the young man is somebody who once lived because of the way Bakker continually writes, "A life lived, now forgotten. And in it's place..." Indictates to me that someone or something has come back to life.
As a side note, the young man is the descendant of a Scylvendi marauder. Now obviously thats pretty circumstantial evidence but nevertheless it is another connection to Cnaiur and there was no need for Bakker to include the information other than for that reason.
Moving through the story, when the young man meets Psatma he says, "I am the White-Luck...I walk. I breathe." Now this man has not lived his whole life knowing he is the White-Luck. IMO, someone has possessed him who knows he himself is the White-Luck. Furthermore, this person appears to have lived before as he seems surprised that he can once more walk and breathe.

As to why i think the person is Cnauir...Psatma describes the two of them as siblings..and Psatma is described as "a soul, wrought of iron and cruelty." And "hers was the grinding hatred, the homicidal outrage of the betrayed, the unwavering fury of the degraded and the dispossessed" Remind you of anyone?
Before Psatma and the young man have sex, his body is described as the body of a man newly wed, slender, golden for the perfection of its skin. Indeed, it is "not yet strong."
Then when he climaxes her strength fills him and certain things happen.
"the knitting of muscle across his frame. the scarring"-the young mans body is maturing and becoming strong, and what's more it is gaining scars that that the person bore in his past life. Now who has more scars than Cnauir with his swazond?
"hands that clawed her chest beame horned with callusses, thick with throttling strength."-again who was blessed with such throttling stregth? Cnaiur, and it's the way Bakker tended to describe Cnauir. So why would he describe this character so if not to indicate that it is in actual fact Cnauir returning to life?
Cnauir is a massive fave of mine and i would love to see his return. Even better is to see that he won't be in these books as a 60 odd year old man or as an ageless general forr the No Gods armies, cos while Cnaiur wasn't a good guy he wasn't truly evil. At least i don't think so. Just a tad confused!
Anyway i'm pretty bored now so i'm gonna finish
Regards,
Ironsoul

Some people dream of success. Others wake up and work hard for it. view post

White-Luck Warrior posted 08 October 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Ironsoul, Commoner

87 views and not one single reply? Come on guys i didn't post my ideas for the craic of it. it's not how I get off. Talk to me and tell me if you agree/disagree and what's your reason for doing so.

Regards
Ironsoul view post

White-Luck Warrior posted 14 October 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Athjeari, Peralogue

Oh! Finally some more action on this board!

Alright, while I think it would be cool if Cnaiur did come back, he was a favorite of mine as well, especially if he wasn't 60 years old, I do think you might have a hard time figuring out why Cnaiur would be resurrected by Yatwer.

Cnaiur did not worship the Gods of the Thousand Temples, instead Cnaiur worshipped the No-God, so what might be the reasoning for Yatwer to bring him back to life?

Good theory, I like the descriptions idea, but unless Bakker has a good, sound explanation for Cnaiur becoming a tool for Yatwer, I don't know if I can buy it. view post

White-Luck Warrior posted 15 October 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Madness, Peralogue

Lol, only because you asked Ironsoul.

I have to disagree though. Unfortunately, I believe Cnaiur, Moenghus, and their plot arcs are finished. I was really at a loss for much of the Yatwerian plot lines in TJE, felt they were somewhat vague, and I realistically think that Bakker's trying to achieve some fictive device deliberately.

The White-Luck Warrior is someone new, represents something new in the story. I particularly find one of the chapter openers illuminating. The idea that White-Luck is like an antithesis to Dunyain causality - I apologize, I'd like to quote it but the book is not on me and I'm distracting myself from the pointless, endless, school reading - essentially, whereas the Dunyain calculate, take circumstance by force, the embodiment of White-Luck is just there, ordained always to be at the right place at the right time.

I'll come back tomorrow and get more indepth.

Peace. view post

White-Luck Warrior posted 06 November 2010 in The Judging EyeWhite-Luck Warrior by Ironsoul, Commoner

Yo

Athjeari, I think it's pretty fair to say that Cnaiur worshipped nobody. By the end of the 3rd book he had forsaken all aspects of the Scylvendi way of life. And remember that Sorweel was not a follower of Yatwer, but that din't prevent him from coming under her protection and stopping Kellhus from reading his face.

And Madness, I don't think you made any actual arguments. You merely stated what u thought and didn't back it up. So what?

Up yours,
Ironsoul view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown