the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

When do you think Martin's next book will be released? posted 27 Aug 2004, 15:08 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Almost a year ago, we ran a contest at OF trying to guess the date (link below). Sadly, we were very optimistic. But what date do you think it'll be released, whether in the US or Britain? [url:2ukmy15f]http://www.wotmania.net/fantasymessageboardshowmessage.asp?MessageID=72410[/url:2ukmy15f] As for my revised guess, I'm going with the third Tuesday in June 2005. That's more than a year later than my original guess :P view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 15:08 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Ah hell, I forgot which forum I was in. Any chance of this being moved to the Other Literature section? view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 16:08 by Wil, Head Moderator

done view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 16:08 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Thanks :D Care to make a prediction on the AFfC release date? view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 17:08 by drosdelnoch, Subdidact

I was going to be optomistic and say March-June 05, although I think it may be closer to christmas at this rate. view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 23:08 by Damaen, Candidate

i work at chapters. I laugh as i see the fake release dats on the computers and the 'pre-order' buttons. Then i laugh more as i see those same fake dates pushed back and back. in case your wondering, chapters knows that Feast will be out in september (was august)! pre-order yours NOW so you dont miss out! 39.99! ;] view post

posted 28 Aug 2004, 10:08 by FuraxVZ, Candidate

I'm thinking mid-November. . . . hopefully that's 2005. I was holding off rereading the series until an official release date is announced, but I'm thinking of rereading anyway. view post

posted 28 Aug 2004, 16:08 by DarkMatter, Peralogue

I'll guess on 33 August 2005! view post

posted 05 Sep 2004, 15:09 by Edge, Peralogue

Its looking unlikely for 2004 anyway. I'll go for June 2005. view post

posted 12 Sep 2004, 18:09 by Sovin Nai, Site Administrator

[quote:9yli7kr2]i work at chapters. I laugh as i see the fake release dats on the computers and the 'pre-order' buttons. Then i laugh more as i see those same fake dates pushed back and back. in case your wondering, chapters knows that Feast will be out in september (was august)! pre-order yours NOW so you dont miss out! 39.99![/quote:9yli7kr2] You do realize that you just massively contradicted yourself in the above statement? view post

posted 12 Sep 2004, 20:09 by Grantaire, Moderator

Sovin, I think he was being sarcastic :wink: view post

posted 14 Sep 2004, 08:09 by drosdelnoch, Subdidact

Personally I just hope that its worth the wait. view post

posted 14 Sep 2004, 16:09 by Damaen, Candidate

sarcasm. it was clever. see? =[ drosdelnoch.. The fortress where Druss the Legend fought? Ah, such a good series.. such a good name. oddly, if anyone bought Hedge Knight, the 6 comic series in trade paper that came out last month, it has an advertisemrnt for FEAST that says november. grrm says he is pretty close to completing it on his website. but i doubt nov. view post

posted 14 Sep 2004, 22:09 by FuraxVZ, Candidate

I also believe GRRM said that as soon as he was done, the very minute, he would post it on his site. Then we have to wait patiently for the book to be made, and if I remember correctly, that's at least six months for folks in the US. Less for those in the UK. Again, my memory is fuzzy, but the reason this is so, is the UK printers have less of a backlog of printing they do. At any rate, much like people buying Bakker's books from Canada, I know many people that will be being the UK book and shipping it to the States. view post

posted 17 Sep 2004, 02:09 by Damaen, Candidate

on the GRRM discussion... i was looking around websites/forums because you guys got me thinking about it again.. apparently george hinted at "3 dragons" that are returning. Danaerys (sp) is obviously 1. Jon Snow is most likely 2. who will ride the third dragon? the prevailing thoughts include one of the babies not being killed by Clegane or tyrion (hah). the maester on the wall is too old. neat. view post

posted 19 Sep 2004, 18:09 by Sovin Nai, Site Administrator

What about Jamie? view post

posted 20 Sep 2004, 18:09 by FuraxVZ, Candidate

[quote="Damaen":lhibqgrv]on the GRRM discussion... i was looking around websites/forums because you guys got me thinking about it again.. apparently george hinted at "3 dragons" that are returning. Danaerys (sp) is obviously 1. Jon Snow is most likely 2. who will ride the third dragon? the prevailing thoughts include one of the babies not being killed by Clegane or tyrion (hah). the maester on the wall is too old. neat.[/quote:lhibqgrv] I believe the leading candidate for the third dragon is Bran. Or that somehow Bran become a dragon. Something like that. My guess is that the theorists believe Bran to become super powerful since he's 'handicapped'. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.