Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Judging Eye cover art / edition posted 09 August 2009 in The Judging EyeThe Judging Eye cover art / edition by Uriel, Commoner

Hello all,

Long time forum reader, first time posting. Finally got an account up and running, so my apologies if this is a repeated question.

I'm a bit of a nit picky collector and being a college student, I like to buy things only once. It's not like I have anything more than this month's rent in the checking account with some change in my pocket. Anyway, I'm really wanting to continue the saga of Kellhus with The Judging Eye, but I've been waiting in order to purchase a hardback copy with the blue / teal color and the decending characters motif from the first set of hardbacks. (Pics below) I really like how flashy the first three look with my other books, they really stand out. I fear it'll be like the Dark Tower series though. I loved the cover art of the first 4, but then once he picked the series back up the look of them changed. I don't really know what that gets to me, I've been told it's a quality of most Taurus'.

Does anyone know if this cover art ever made it into production? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Pre-release I found a few sites (amazon.com etc) in which the pre-order thumbnail was of that cover, yet anytime I find this on a store shelf it's the other cover with the prince's picture surrounded by a ring. And on top of that, I usually find the paperback editions. I'm thinking that the 2nd and 3rd sets of books might not continue that motif, which is a shame because I really like them. They're so unique looking, plus I'm a hand-sweater so reading the paperbacks results in might curled books, I can't stand that.

Desired cover art:
[img:22i887nz]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bMgwKBBp0JE/SRSvPZ1YNAI/AAAAAAAAA8Y/KSNl-r9JLc0/s400/The+judging+eye.jpg[/img:22i887nz]

Cover I find:
[img:22i887nz]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bMgwKBBp0JE/SR2kT68UGfI/AAAAAAAAA9Q/D_DHGAcxdko/s320/The+Judging+Eye+Orbit.jpg[/img:22i887nz]

Sorry for the length, and many thanks for any help or information on the subject.

Uriel view post

The Judging Eye cover art / edition posted 11 August 2009 in The Judging EyeThe Judging Eye cover art / edition by Curethan, Didact

Got the later edition here - TP (in australia)
Never seen the one ur after view post

The Judging Eye cover art / edition posted 01 September 2009 in The Judging EyeThe Judging Eye cover art / edition by borock1111, Commoner

i beleive the copy you are looking for is the advanced readers copy edition not sold in stores..I have not seen one in hardback..I have all copies except russian view post

The Judging Eye cover art / edition posted 02 September 2009 in The Judging EyeThe Judging Eye cover art / edition by Jerako, Candidate

I've seen that exact cover at my local library, but that's the only place. Not sure where you'd find a copy for yourself. view post

The Judging Eye cover art / edition posted 17 December 2009 in The Judging EyeThe Judging Eye cover art / edition by Almighty Tallest, Candidate

This is the one I have:

[img:2vxzthiy]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YhrLAYLQ8So/SVZi59VDmaI/AAAAAAAAHVE/LACGqSEpg-s/s400/The+Judging+Eye+Canada.jpg[/img:2vxzthiy]

I'm with you, though. I prefer sets of books to all have the same style of cover. It's a purely OCD thing with me, I like to be able to glance at my shelves and see obvious groupings of book series. I like the cover I have, though, and hope that the rest of this second series follows suit. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown