Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

R Jordan passed away posted 17 September 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Curethan, Didact

RIP 16/9/7, condolences to family, fans and friends. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 18 September 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Harrol, Moderator

It is a very sad day to me. I feel sorrow for his family. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 18 September 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Jamara, Auditor

"May the last embrace of the Mother welcome you!"

I will miss him dearly. My heart goes out to his family, especially the Light of his life. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 18 September 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Mats, Candidate

Quote: "Harrol":2howdw05
It is a very sad day to me. I feel sorrow for his family.[/quote:2howdw05]

I feel sorrow for myself for having suffered through thousands of boring pages and now chances are I wont' even know how it ends! view post

R Jordan passed away posted 18 September 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Harrol, Moderator

Actually you will. He made arrangements for the the last book to be written. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 18 September 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Curethan, Didact

Yer, I believe it was largely done anyway. Books 5-9 seemed like largely padding - WoT was the orginal series that got bloated from a trilogy idea by a writer, publisher and fans who enjoyed the world a little too much. He toured out here in Australia back around book 3 and said as much then - then culmanition was already set at book one - back then he believed the series wouldn't go past 5 books lol. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 28 November 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by noodles0585, Peralogue

well it is a sad day when a truly great writer passes my condolences to the family amd may he rest in peace. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 04 December 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by skinspysexbot, Commoner

never did get into Jordan but he was a man truely dedicated to his work and his fans

RIP view post

R Jordan passed away posted 05 December 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Angainawen, Candidate

Yeah, me neither. But I have two friends who are devestated that he's gone. Someday I should pick the first one up and read it, see if I like it.

RIP Robert Jordan view post

R Jordan passed away posted 06 December 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Shell, Peralogue

The first few are pretty good, then the middle ones are like 800 pages and a week passes by, and I haven't read the last two (they are on my list but I will have to start at the beginning again and there are so many good books out there and...)

You get the picture. view post

R Jordan passed away posted 06 December 2007 in Literature DiscussionR Jordan passed away by Israfel, Peralogue

Book 10 was so-so, but book 11 was fantastic. It's just terribly sad that he died before he could finish 12. I suspect leaving a grand project unfinished must be one of the worst things that could happen to an artist. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown