Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Recognition Metaphor posted 21 July 2009 in The Thousandfold ThoughtRecognition Metaphor by Jerako, Candidate

I can't remember exactly where in the trilogy this metaphor occurs, but I think it was actually a couple of places, and I don't have access to my books... so I'll post this here.

There was one metaphor in the story that confused me more than any other part. When Achamian is recalling the sacrifice in the thousand temples, and a lamb is produced to witness the sacrifice of the bull, to somehow make it more potent.

A mention is made of "one lamb for ten bulls. As if she had the calculus to measure such things."

I have no idea what this means. Anyone have any insights? view post

Recognition Metaphor posted 22 July 2009 in The Thousandfold ThoughtRecognition Metaphor by Harrol, Moderator

I think it goes back to the prologue of TDTCB. Remember the priest saying that there is no crime without people. Conversely their is no sacrifice without witness of and by one that could be sacrificed. That is just my idea. view post

Recognition Metaphor posted 23 July 2009 in The Thousandfold ThoughtRecognition Metaphor by Jerako, Candidate

That kind of makes sense. So the quote would mean one sacrifice with one lamb witnessing it is equivalent to sacrificing 10 bulls, unwitnessed? Something like that, anyway? view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown