Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

So many thoughts posted 03 May 2009 in WelcomesSo many thoughts by Karol, Commoner

I joined this community during the time I was devouring TTT and I've just finished TJE. All I can say is... wow. But I have so many questions and so many thoughts! They just go on and on and on! Especially about Mimara's ability and how she saw through the veil placed over the chorae. What if all chorae are like that? What if the veil has been placed over them to scare the sorcerers off? After all, with the veil over them making them into a terrifying void where your magic just ceases to exist and the effect they have on those who use magic...

Mimara senses compassion and love after piercing that veil - what if what is behind that veil simply calls so strongly to the sorcerers that its effect is to pull them and their essence from the very world leaving only the 'salt of their bodies'? Perhaps the reason why the judging eye sees those bearing the mark of sorcery as damned is because they are ignorant to the God's calling and, ignorant as they are, they cannot heed it.

Also, the Hundred Gods remind me of the Gods of Hinduism. The lower Gods (the Devas) are always squabbling amongst themselves or with the 'demons' (the Asuras who aren't actually all evil, either). They squabble because they are conflicting aspects of the one supreme Godhead - for instance there are some stories about Shiva being an irredeemable pot head and how Parvati is always trying to change her husband's behaviour. Both are aspects of the Supreme Brahman (the all encompassing God) and only when together do they make up the whole.

As I said, my mind is just running rampant with thoughts and theories and questions. ...also, do we have any idea when the next book will be released? I CAN'T WAIT. view post

So many thoughts posted 04 May 2009 in WelcomesSo many thoughts by Harrol, Moderator

Welcome Karol! I look forward to reading your posts in the Judging Eye section. view post

So many thoughts posted 07 May 2009 in WelcomesSo many thoughts by Karol, Commoner

Thanks for the welcome! view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown