Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Something odd about Gin'yursis posted 28 April 2009 in The Judging EyeSomething odd about Gin'yursis by Boblin, Commoner

What language did the undead nonman king speak since he could be understood by the Skin Eaters (which would rule out any nonman language)? Sheyic? If so, how did he learn it? He's been hanging around under a mountain for approximately 2.000 years.

Or am I missing something here?

ETA: Another thing - I just noticed that Gin'yursis was the name of the renegade Quya that first taught the Gnosis to men. Interesting. view post

Something odd about Gin'yursis posted 29 April 2009 in The Judging EyeSomething odd about Gin'yursis by anor277, Didact

I seem to recall that the ghostly non-man king did not actually verbalize; he "possessed" the vocal chords of the semi-conscious members of the party. If so, maybe the unwitting speakers provided the translation. view post

Something odd about Gin'yursis posted 29 April 2009 in The Judging EyeSomething odd about Gin'yursis by Boblin, Commoner

Okay, that could make sense. And then of course he possessed Cleric, and got the appropriate language that way since Cleric speaks Sheyic, I guess.

On the other hand - I just realized that I would very much like an explanation of how a person with Cleric's memory could have managed to learn a foreign language. view post

Something odd about Gin'yursis posted 24 May 2009 in The Judging EyeSomething odd about Gin'yursis by Firestorm896, Commoner

Reflex. Trained and honed until CONSCIOUS memory is not needed. Just like Kullhus's reactions with catching arrows. One doesn't actively remember how to do that. They just do. Like a beating heart. But I like your question. Made me think. view post

Something odd about Gin'yursis posted 02 September 2009 in The Judging EyeSomething odd about Gin'yursis by Supersword, Commoner

Possessed vocal chords? Not quite. Possessed inactive minds, however, yes. Both forms were unconscious, and therefore easy to obtain use of, if the king was a Quya as well. Even if he was not, he was a ghost, so... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown