Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

This board blows. posted 13 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Triskele, Candidate

Amazingly...Scott's books are only so popular...you should all move over to GRRM's board at asoiaf.westeros.org

In the lit section there is a better discussion of this awesome series. Fandom of Martin is not required. view post

This board blows. posted 13 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Harrol, Moderator

Disturbingly enough I agree Most of the good discussions on AE are over at the asoif board. Here atleast we do not have the trolls popping up to say that they hate Bakker and can't get into the series. view post

This board blows. posted 13 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by ThePrinceofNothing, Candidate

This was a neat and tidy forum until your arrogant and unnecessary thread soiled it. If you don't like it, please leave. view post

This board blows. posted 14 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by nonman_erratic, Commoner

I prefer the three seas, actually... The topics are better delineated, and there is much less thread drift. ASOIF goes all over the place, and I am not particularly interested in the neverending, skewed misogny topic that the soap-boxers get going on...

i think this board would be better if Scott posted on it again... The fact that he is posting about his own books on a different author's forum doesn't totally make sense to me... view post

This board blows. posted 14 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Harrol, Moderator

I hope he starts posting updates here ever so often. Any points he would like to make would be nice too. view post

This board blows. posted 14 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Curethan, Didact

Quote: "nonman_erratic":3j2zndcg
i think this board would be better if Scott posted on it again... The fact that he is posting about his own books on a different author's forum doesn't totally make sense to me...[/quote:3j2zndcg]

Advertising, I guess. view post

This board blows. posted 15 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Truth Shines, Candidate

It's kinda sad that ASOIAF board is so much more active than this one, considering that Bakker's books are so much superior to Martin's. view post

This board blows. posted 19 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by AJD, Candidate

Quote: "Truth Shines":1j63ldqy
It's kinda sad that ASOIAF board is so much more active than this one, considering that Bakker's books are so much superior to Martin's.[/quote:1j63ldqy]Also that his forums have so much traffic is a mystery to me since he hasn't written in or completed anything in his signature series for 5 years. I have pretty much forgotten what ASOIAF was about aside from how the chapters were done.

Someone should delete this thread. view post

This board blows. posted 20 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Harrol, Moderator

I see what you are saying AJD but I rarely censor anything but spam. As you and several others disagree with Triskele, as do I, but I will let this thread stand. If Sovin chooses to delete it then that is his choice and as the admin he is well within his rights to do so. view post

This board blows. posted 22 April 2009 in The Judging EyeThis board blows. by Triskele, Candidate

I feel that I owe an apology. My suggestion that the board "blows" is specifically (and perhaps unfairly) due to slower activity and not to the quality of the posters within.

I ought to have considered how my original post may or may not have attracted new posters.

In short, I have insulted the people I want to hear more from...unwise on my part.

Apologies.

To clarify, the posters on this board are great. I'm frustrated with the lack of activity. I think Bakker is as exciting an author as there is out there today so I'm just miffed at how he is kinda on the fringe and people like Goodkind are selling millions.

This board sucks only because there are not more of you good people. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown