the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Curious: What's the strangest fan request you've received? posted 27 Aug 2004, 15:08 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Besides some of the ones I've made in recent months, that is ;) I've heard Jordan talk about fans asking him to teach them how to Channel and I think some asked Tolkien if he knew any Hobbits on a personal basis, but I just wondered if you've met the Kooks of fandom just yet. view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 16:08 by Rellion, Candidate

I'm still waiting on Scott to teach me how to peel back a face and show me how to read the features underneath the skin! (kidding, I'm just kidding!) (really..) (stop looking at me like that) (I mean it) view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 16:08 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

I'd settle for a detailed description of Kellhus's Guide to Picking Up Women and Marrying Two and Keeping Them Happy, in two easy volumes :P view post

posted 27 Aug 2004, 17:08 by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

No real kooks that I can think of... I've been propositioned (but I think that's VERY rational :wink: ), and I've run into a couple of people who I think had difficulty reading the book and for some reason needed me to know that it was my fault and not theirs (but they're anti-fans, not fans). view post

posted 28 Aug 2004, 01:08 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Propositioned, huh? You think that happens to Bob Jordan or George Martin? Maybe it's a Canadian thing, since you guys seem to forego the massive gut, Jordanesque pimp canes, Martin-like slickers, and the beards that oh so many American fantasy writers seem to adopt as part of the Image ;) As for the anti-fans, well...they are what they are. Gotta love them, because God knows we'd have to wring their pencil necks otherwise! :P view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.