Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

*Spoilers* Traveller's identity posted 08 April 2009 in The Judging Eye*Spoilers* Traveller's identity by Triskele, Candidate

An interesting theory though I think the Dunyain are still isolated with no major developments since the departure of Kellhus. As far as we know, Kellhus hasn't tried to contact Ishual in any way and I think they are happy as long as no more dreams get sent their way. Of course it's possible that we just don't know what's happened yet.

I do agree that something seems curious about Soma but isn't he Nilnameshi or something not Norsirai? view post

*Spoilers* Traveller's identity posted 09 April 2009 in The Judging Eye*Spoilers* Traveller's identity by kidten, Candidate

By the way, the word traveller can be spelled traveler. It just depends on where you are from. Kinda like whiskey and whisky. Theatre or theater. They are all correct. I think I'm on to something though with Soma thanks to your thoughts. Maybe not Dunyain but there is something to that Nilnameshi. I made the mistake before of getting too attached to my theories with Bakker. At one point during TWP I thought Maithanet was the No-God and the Second Apocalypse was going to occur during TTT. Now I know every theory must begin or end with "maybe". view post

*Spoilers* Traveller's identity posted 21 July 2009 in The Judging Eye*Spoilers* Traveller's identity by borock1111, Commoner

I recall the traveler to be akka's man servant........ view post

*Spoilers* Traveller's identity posted 21 July 2009 in The Judging Eye*Spoilers* Traveller's identity by Curethan, Didact

Oh that makes sense. Thanks borock! view post

*Spoilers* Traveller's identity posted 21 July 2009 in The Judging Eye*Spoilers* Traveller's identity by Jerako, Candidate

I am very convinced that Kellhus has something to do with sending Akka to Ishual, per events that led to Kellhus being sent from there in the first place.

1. A band of Sranc discovers Ishual. Moenghus is sent to investigate the extent of the exposure. Upon his return, he is exiled.

2. Moenghus, after some time in the world, discovers a threat he is unable to confront alone. He sends for his son, Kellhus, to aid him.

3. Kellhus has encountered events which may be overwhelming him. With the lack of a Kellhus POV, it's hard to say how much he knows about this White-Luck business. If he does, which is likely, he might want help from another Dunyain. In all likelihood I think any Dunyain who knew Kellhus are dead, since Moenghus 'contaminated' them with all the Dunyain he knew, the Dunyain may have foreseen that Kellhus in the future might do the same, and killed any who knew HIM before he has a chance to do so. Thus, another way, proven to succeed, to get another Dunyain out of Ishual is to 'expose' them.

In my opinion, this is Kellhus' immediate goal from the Dunyain. Akka would be the best candidate for discovering Ishual, barring another 'accidental' exposure by the Sranc. view post

*Spoilers* Traveller's identity posted 11 February 2010 in The Judging Eye*Spoilers* Traveller's identity by Nerdanel, Peralogue

I think the traveler was an agent of the empire, sent either by Kellhus or by Esmenet. I think the Skin Eaters were to wait in the town for Achamian and were told to protect Achamian and Mimara, which is why they carried them instead of leaving them behind, thus breaking their own Rules of the Slog. I think Kosoter was approached because he is a long-time follower of Kellhus's and has proven his loyalty and bravery. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown