Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Iyokus as enemy in new book? posted 16 December 2008 in The Thousandfold ThoughtIyokus as enemy in new book? by Will, Peralogue

So, I was rereading the Prince of Nothing in preparation for the Aspect Emperor starting up, and I noticed that Iyokus doesn't seem to have a distinct ending.

I could totally see him as some manner of antagonist figure in the AE.

#1: He's blind, and hence immune to portions of the Dunyain mind control
#2: He's a Scarlet Spire, and presumably they lose everything in the reorg of the schools.
#3: He's a chanv addict, and presumably harder to control due to deadened emotions + longer life
#4: He has the Daemonin, which no protag is known to possess.
#5: He has a grudge vs. the good guys (lost eyes), which is a narrative incentive to keep him around.

Seem plausible? view post

Iyokus as enemy in new book? posted 19 December 2008 in The Thousandfold ThoughtIyokus as enemy in new book? by Zarath_2.0, Commoner

That makes sense.

Somehow I imagine him as being a secondary enemy: a thorn in the protagonists's side that is dealt with before the end of the book. He could prove formidable, though, under the right circumstances. view post

Iyokus as enemy in new book? posted 19 December 2008 in The Thousandfold ThoughtIyokus as enemy in new book? by Curethan, Didact

Consult might give him tekne eyes.

Chanv probably comes from them (i think its nonman blood or summink), and the daimos is an obvious route to a special kind of damnation. He'd make an ideal ally. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown