Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Ishual posted 31 October 2008 in General DiscusssionIshual by Ingalira, Commoner

After rereading the series I was wondering if Dunyain sanctuary of Ishual was a former Nonmen mansion, the name itself is nonmen in origin and in TTT when Kellhus first comes into the mansion where his father is staying he remarks that it reminds him of Ishual. The thousand thousand halls sounds to me like a gallery of nonmen construction which was expanded for Dunyain purposes. view post

Ishual posted 29 November 2008 in General DiscusssionIshual by Athjeari, Peralogue

I think if you were to check the encyclopedic glossary you might find the answer to this. I have loaned my copy of TTT out to a friend, so I can't check it right now but I'm sure someone on the board can look it up.

I want to say that you're right. In the prologue for TDtCB, it says Ishual succumbed at the height of the Apocalypse, but in the next couple sentences the prologue states it's the secret refuge of the Kuniuric High Kings. It makes no reference to Nonmen. As I said earlier, check in the back of TTT. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown