Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Scott, have you heard of this journal? posted 16 August 2004 in Author Q & AScott, have you heard of this journal? by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Studies in Fantasy Literature: A Scholarly Journal for the Study of the Fantasy Genre. I received a copy of the first issue this weekend and while small (only four articles), it looks like the sort of place that might accept my paper. Just thought you'd be curious about this. view post

Scott, have you heard of this journal? posted 16 August 2004 in Author Q & AScott, have you heard of this journal? by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

First time I've heard of it... Do they have a website?

As far as submissions go, you should start at the top (SFS), then work your way down. view post

Scott, have you heard of this journal? posted 16 August 2004 in Author Q & AScott, have you heard of this journal? by Grantaire, Moderator

Oh, Larry, where did you get that by the way? Was it online or did you just come across it in a store? view post

Scott, have you heard of this journal? posted 16 August 2004 in Author Q & AScott, have you heard of this journal? by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

[url:3qiw16te]http://sifl.seele-brennt.com/one/[/url:3qiw16te]

That's the publisher's web address, with a synopsis of the current issue.

True, I should aim higher at first (at least), but it's been a while since I've hunted for academic journals, so it's going to be hard at first for me to learn which is the equivalent to the American Historical Society, the Journal of Central European History, and so forth. Any others to suggest for me to consider? I need to know so I can purchase an issue or two. view post

Scott, have you heard of this journal? posted 18 August 2004 in Author Q & AScott, have you heard of this journal? by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

Any others to suggest for me to consider? I need to know so I can purchase an issue or two.

SFS is the only one that comes immediately to mind. I think the SFRA and the IAFA have once-yearly publications, but don't quote me on that. Are you planning on attending Worldcon in Boston in a couple of weeks time? view post

Scott, have you heard of this journal? posted 18 August 2004 in Author Q & AScott, have you heard of this journal? by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Sadly, I can't make it. My job is keeping me too busy and I won't be able to take off for vacation until next May, plus the salary is too low for me to do much more than pay my bills and a few books a month. Maybe in 2006, even though it's in LA.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll see what I can do to get those. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown