Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Kellhus + the Daimos posted 03 July 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Kellhus + the Daimos by Curethan, Didact

I wonder what, if anything we can expect Kellhus to learn from the Scarlet spires before the AE begins - I was thinking - what he would make of the Daimos.... view post

Kellhus + the Daimos posted 08 July 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Kellhus + the Daimos by avatar_of_existence, Peralogue

wasn't the whole idea that the Gnosis was vastly superior to the Agnosis or whatever it was called? Plus he's probably not stupid enough to bind his soul to a demon. view post

Kellhus + the Daimos posted 08 July 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Kellhus + the Daimos by anor277, Didact

Quote: "avatar_of_existence":2jtk2rae
wasn't the whole idea that the Gnosis was vastly superior to the Agnosis or whatever it was called? Plus he's probably not stupid enough to bind his soul to a demon.[/quote:2jtk2rae]

I think somewhere Scott talked about the summoning of agencies by Gnostic sorcerors. But as you say, Kellhus is likely to be far more powerful than an agency or demon. He is the only individual that understands the principles; and he already has a powerful school to teach him the arcana that he cannot deduce himself.

Just to add that I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the the Scarlet Spires was an historical curiosity in 20 years time. The school did not manage to defeat the Cishaurim, and their efforts in trying to do so involved the death of all their effective sorcerors bar one, a blind man. Granted, they may have reserves, but their power must surely be greatly diminished. view post

Kellhus + the Daimos posted 09 July 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Kellhus + the Daimos by Curethan, Didact

My point was rather what he would make of the Daimos - he already has found new uses for Gnostic sorceries by the end of TTT, what might he achieve by combinining the Daimos and the Gnosis, for example. After all, it is a branch of the anagogic sorceries that the spires researched themselves - and in as much is 'new', but still related.

Could it be used to for necromantic purposes, for example? Mebe he could summon Cnaiur's spirit from the outside and put him through some more punishment, hehe. view post

Kellhus + the Daimos posted 30 October 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Kellhus + the Daimos by Guardsman Bass, Candidate

Assuming Gilgaol didn't grab Cnaiur's soul, then maybe (but I don't think Cnaiur is dead). view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown