Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Question for Mr Bakker: References posted 18 May 2007 in Author Q & AQuestion for Mr Bakker: References by kariyas, Commoner

Its no mystery that the Holy war is in reference to the first Crusade etc, and alot of the battles and themes follow a certain part of history we come from, other than the magic stuff, who knows even that :p

Its interestiing to see alot of Authors relate to history like the crusades in there books as a core theme. I must say Scott you used it in a very different and amazing way, I cant even explain the awe I had after reading your books.

I have 2 questions and would be most greatful for your answer.

question 1

Did you have your heart broken severely growing up?
I ask because when I Was reading how Akka came back from Iothiah to see that Esmi was with Kelhus conveyed heart break, and the way you described it was so deep. I felt the same pain I felt when mine was broken. Sorry for asking such a personal question but Im just baffled on how you captured that feeling inside so many of your readers.

Question 2

The Dunyain, are they in anyway refering to Buddhists perhaps?
I only ask because I am a Buddhist and alot of the descriptions and there ways seem similar. I dont mean to ask if your saying there Buddhists, I only mean to ask was that your idea in creating the Dunyain?

Again I apologize if the questions are too long or too personal. And I understand if u cannot answer them.

Thanks. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown