Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Avatar posted 29 March 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionAvatar by Jamara, Auditor

Does anyone else out there think that this cartoon is damn cool? The animation is great, the overall theme cliche yet brilliant in its simplicity, and the method of using 'magic' just plain cool? It blew me away. view post

Avatar posted 29 March 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionAvatar by Trutu Angotma, Peralogue

its a good show, its just too family-oriented for my taste view post

Which kind of makes it cool. I can watch it with my nephew and yet still enjoy it. view post

Avatar posted 29 March 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionAvatar by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

I dont watch too many cartoons but I have occasionally watched a few episodes of Avatar when my younger sisters were watching it. I thought it was done ok, the characters were generally well developed and the story seemed to be ok, one thing that bugged me however was the voices used for the characters, for the most part they were all very annoying. The only character I really enjoyed was the Uncle of the fire prince. That guy generally was amusing and cool. view post

Avatar posted 29 March 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionAvatar by Trutu Angotma, Peralogue

that is a good point. i just think the dialogue and action scenes are too toned down. but the animation and storyline are incredible view post

I love the Uncle. He is that wise figure who will throw down only if he really has to. Which I think is a great model for children to see. And I am greatly amused by the creative beastiary of the universe. A platypus bear . . . love it! view post

Avatar posted 31 March 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionAvatar by DietCoke23, Commoner

dont tell but i like it view post

Avatar posted 03 April 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionAvatar by Scilvenas, Auditor

Hate to break it to you guys, but the voice actor for Uncle Iroh, [url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0538683/:1xd3vfgm]Mako[/url:1xd3vfgm], died in July. He was also damn cool as Aku in Samurai Jack.

If they don't retire the character, they better find someone good to voice him. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown