Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Welcome posted 26 March 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by Sovin Nai, Site Administrator

Welcome to our newest forum! Please drop all your speculations, thoughts, and information about the The Great Ordeal here. Enjoy, and hopefully we can all be reading it soon. view post

Welcome posted 26 March 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by jude, Commoner

it really goes to show how slavishly i've been waiting for ANY news about the new series, that just having the title is very exciting. that having been said... is that all we know, the title? or is there more info floating around in the interwebnet? view post

Welcome posted 26 March 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by Nicolai, Commoner

Quote: "jude":3ft731gz
it really goes to show how slavishly i've been waiting for ANY news about the new series, that just having the title is very exciting. that having been said... is that all we know, the title? or is there more info floating around in the interwebnet?[/quote:3ft731gz]

There is some more info to be found [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Ordeal-Aspect-emperor-R-Scott-Bakker/dp/1841495379/ref=sr_1_1/026-4363787-0741231?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174598604&sr=1-1:3ft731gz]here[/url:3ft731gz] (short plot synopsis, projected release date) view post

Welcome posted 27 March 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by TheDarkness, Peralogue

OMG that sounds sooooo good!!! cant wait view post

Welcome posted 24 June 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by non-Ajencis, Commoner

Achamian's mad quest sounds intriguing, and exciting. Hmmm...the origins of the Dunyain. What was their genesis? Who was their genesis? A rogue non-man? Perhaps a mysterious Inchoroi, who wishes to see his race damned?

Man...so many questions.

I can only imagine the vast battles with the Sranc, and the descriptions of the Forgotten North..

The intrigues of court at Momemn sound rather dreary, to be honest. I liked Esmenet better when she was a whore, not an Empress. But hopefully Bakker can make her story entertaining.

Damn...when is it slated to be published? view post

Welcome posted 10 September 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by Jayfish, Commoner

So, Orbit's publishing schedule lists the Great Ordeal as a March 2008 release, but the Amazon UK site says August 2008. Anybody know which one is right?

The document in question can be found here - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.orbitbooks.net/publishing-schedules">http://www.orbitbooks.net/publishing-schedules</a><!-- m --> view post

Welcome posted 11 September 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by Entropic_existence, Moderator

We haven't been privy to any other information so I'm not sure which date is correct or whether one is a UK release date and the other is North American. view post

Welcome posted 01 November 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Welcome by bubbletrouble, Commoner

The UK site now says January 2009! Damn. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown