the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Ender's Game posted 18 Feb 2007, 20:02 by TheDarkness, Peralogue

I just finished reading Enders Game for the second time. I had not read it in about seven years but i remember loving it the first time. I have to say i enjoyed it even more this time around. I had been planning on reading the rest of the series but am not so sure. Has anyone read the other books and if so what do you think about them. There is also the Shadow series which follows a minor character in Enders Game, Bean. I have a long list of books i want to read and these books were not on the list, should i allow myself to get sidetracked by them? :? help me please! view post

posted 20 Feb 2007, 05:02 by Anonymous, Subdidact

The ender series only gets better after the first book. Personally I think that the "branch" which follows ender gets a little (or a lot) weird towards the end, but stilll it is definatly among my favorite series. I prefered the shadow series. It follows (as you said) Bean, as well as Peter and the rest of the battleschool brats as they return to Earth and proceed to completely upset the global balence of power Also, don't skip ender's shadow just because it is the same plot line told from a different (bean's) perspective. It adds so much to Ender's game. There is a whole substory which emerges in ender's shadow that you only say hints of in Ender's game don't skip these books view post

posted 21 Feb 2007, 02:02 by TheDarkness, Peralogue

great thanks Ill make sure to read them. should i read the ender series before starting the bean series? view post

posted 21 Feb 2007, 04:02 by Anonymous, Subdidact

they are completely seperate.... save for perhaps a few scattered mentions of whats going on on earth etc. so pick whichever series you want to read first the bean series focuses on military tactics and political run around as Peter tries to take over the earth... bean has to decide if he should help him or not the Ender series focuses on a new race of aliens that is discovered... it asks philosophical questions about what constitutes sentience and the right for all species to live both are good, its really a matter of taste view post

Shadow or Ender posted 26 Mar 2007, 01:03 by Dassem Ultor, Commoner

I would say Shadow then Ender but you can't lose.... they are all amazingly funny. Just my two cents. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.