Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

the Thousandfold thought. posted 21 December 2006 in Author Q & Athe Thousandfold thought. by Anthorn, Candidate

just a question MR BAKKER.
is the thousandfold thought the ability to control men by through their desires or something else entirly view post

the Thousandfold thought. posted 21 December 2006 in Author Q & Athe Thousandfold thought. by Harrol, Moderator

I am sure someone else with a more complete answer will come along and explain it better. It appears to be a matter of controling men's convictions rather than their desires. Maybe you could call conviction a form of desire. I believe the TTT was the major step to becoming the Inrithis' prophet. view post

the Thousandfold thought. posted 03 January 2007 in Author Q & Athe Thousandfold thought. by Soul, Commoner

I believe the ThousandFold Thought is actualy controling reality through belief. If enough people believe something to be true, then it is true. Hence Moenghus mention of that odd game, the name of which escapes me at the moment. If i had to guess, that the underlying system here is of a World Soul, and it shapes reality through belief, or something along those lines. So, if a thousand, thousand believe it so, it is.. hence why the gap between TTT and Aspect Emporer, it'll take Kellus sometime to spread TTT. view post

the Thousandfold thought. posted 04 January 2007 in Author Q & Athe Thousandfold thought. by Harrol, Moderator

Soul I think you are on to something here. He did shape reality through belief i.e. sorcerers no longer being damned. view post

the Thousandfold thought. posted 14 February 2007 in Author Q & Athe Thousandfold thought. by RazorSmile, Candidate

Hi! New member, first post. Just finished Thousandfold Thought last night.

From the encounter between Moenghus and Kellhus, it seemed to me like the Thousandfold Thought is a socio-cultural equation that, when solved/expressed in the real world, creates the closest thing to a hivemind you can have without telepathy. It includes and devours religions, philosophies, cultures and everything else that societies create within themselves and permits one person (presumably Dunyain and male) to control an entire planetary population. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown