the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

wards posted 07 Dec 2006, 18:12 by Harrol, Moderator

In TTT we see Kellhus kill a couple of sorcerers with his sword. He would teleport behind them and whack death would come swirling down. My understanding is that a skin ward would protect from that but appearantly not. Does anyone else have some light to shed on the matter. view post

posted 07 Dec 2006, 20:12 by alhana, Auditor

I read that to mean that since Kellhus had cracked the code on the Gnostic magic, the power of his attack was stronger than the magic of the sorcerers who cast the ward. It seems that in the magical world, any caster who has more power can overwhelm a weaker enemy. Like a regular bullet can not penetrate body armor, but a stronger bullet made for piercing armor can. view post

Re: wards posted 07 Dec 2006, 21:12 by anor277, Didact

[quote="Harrol":1kf6v97d]In TTT we see Kellhus kill a couple of sorcerers with his sword. He would teleport behind them and whack death would come swirling down. My understanding is that a skin ward would protect from that but appearantly not. Does anyone else have some light to shed on the matter.[/quote:1kf6v97d] The Anagnosis/Gnosis may have developed wards of the manner you describe. We don't know that the Cishaurim had the same arts at their disposal. There was a passage at Shimeh where the Cishaurim were described as not caring about their lives and safety, only caring about their faith (of whom does that remind us?). Anyway if wards there were, Kellhus certainly penetrated them - in one instance he used a chorae for which the ward would have been transparent. view post

posted 07 Dec 2006, 21:12 by Mahajanga Mordecai, Auditor

I was under the impression that they weren't using Wards. It explains everything pretty simply. view post

posted 08 Dec 2006, 13:12 by Harrol, Moderator

anor277 and Mahajanga Mordecai you are both right. It was a detail that I had missed. Thanks for the heads up on it. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.