the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Free Will Explained posted 04 Dec 2006, 18:12 by TheDarkness, Peralogue

Lets do this, lets not discuss if we have free will or not. Lets try to come up with a real definition of free will. The premise is this: choice does not entail free will. I believe that it is obvious that we have choice (i know there are arguements around this but lets take this for granted, we all have choice) so if we all have choice and that does not necesarily mean that we have free will. what does free will mean? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 18:12 by TheDarkness, Peralogue

we all have a certain set of emotions, they are wide ranging and intricate but essesntially every human without disfunctions, are capable of feeling the same things. Now you can argue this but i assure we all have a common experience as human beings. Free will is the ability to still the soul from the storm of emotions, to choose ones own internal environment, to live a life according to rules or do whatever you damn well please. even in some sad cases to will that one no longer wills. but the will is limited by the range of human emotions and capabilities. I really need to go back and read some of my old notes. i will be sure and do that so i can really say what i want. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 21:12 by Harrol, Moderator

Well Darkness that is profound. We do not truely have free will just choices to make from within our enviroment. Most of the choices we make are due to our social programming. That is my belief it is incomplete in explanation but it is my observation. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 21:12 by TheDarkness, Peralogue

so is free will non existent? is it just a an illusion? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 22:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

No free will is achievable, but you must escape your social programming every assumption and genralization must be eliminated you would be required to start fresh in your own environment. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.