the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Cruelty of Mankind posted 04 Dec 2006, 04:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

I thought this one would be interesting. I often find myself caught between two things. I sometimes take pleasure in one's misery, then at the same time I will feel guilt and remorse for being so cruel. I know we do wish horrible things upon some and when it does happen, we take pleasure in it, but do we feel guilty about it? Do some not have any remorse or guilt for thinking these things? Mankind plainly irritates me. I realize I am a human being but are we morons to think we are different from the rest of them? Well, first of all I should ask, do you think yourself different form the rest? And I do think I am very different from the rest. Intellectually and otherwise. What does everyone else think on all of this? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 04:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

i think of a similar approach.... and i believe people like us are different if you know what i mean? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 04:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

I know what you mean, we are different from the others. But I have always longed to find someone like me. Sometimes I think myself insane, they way I think sometimes or how I go about doing things. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 04:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

very much agreed there....i wonder sometimes as well view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 05:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

I see no one else has any input :( view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 06:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

no not really....you said about as much as i could have...however, new idea for the whole schizo possibility...we wouldnt be so much alike...the schizo personalities are usually very different view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 16:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

I suppose that's true, I think I'm going to start a thread about schizophrenia, etc. Haha. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 18:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

lol, but would that be philosophical? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 18:12 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

people are mostly the same, some are just better at hiding or denying their personalities. i used to think i was unique. just like everyone else. :lol: view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 19:12 by Harrol, Moderator

Gierra you are unique in a very funny way. I do not mean funny haha either. I mean funny like wow the garbage smells funny. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 19:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

You can always count on Harrol to pull a joke out of thin air. No really he does. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 20:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

wonderous times on the forum i must say view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 20:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

If this keeps up we could almost get the board back to what it was like when Scott was still here. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 20:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

and how was that? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 20:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

With 20 daily active members, a few of which had a very profound understanding of the books and made discussing them fun and we could ask Scott questions about the books and have conversations with him. And lets not forget that there was no spam whatsoever then. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 20:12 by Harrol, Moderator

Asd soon as I reread the books I will have a lot more to add to the conversation on the books. I really enjoy discussing them the most. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 21:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

I just enjoy discussing anything we get quite a variety of people on this board. view post

posted 05 Dec 2006, 03:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

Indeed! In my opinion, everyone has a slight psychological disorder, I find myself often analyzing everyone from complete strangers, to family and friends. I don't know why, it's an automatic thing I suppose. It seems to amuse me. Many strange things amuse me, it eludes me on occasion. Even when you think you are unique, it's always with a bunch of people who think they are different as well... in the end resulting in you being the same, heh. Much like here. This made me think of the saying about how the only free man is one who lives on the street for they are free of paying taxes to the government, etc. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.