the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

End of the world posted 04 Dec 2006, 00:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

I would like everyone's personal opinion of how you believe the world will end if you believe it will. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 00:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Its not going to end, this world will continue in some state for eternity. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 00:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

at what point would you say that our existance as of current would have to change dramatically? what circumstances would warrant such an event? Also, what do you think of a world war destroying much of the world with all of our weapons of mass destruction? view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 03:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

The stupidity of man. That is what will cause our race to cease to exist, or at least decrease in numbers dramatically. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 04:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

agreed view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 09:12 by Sokar, Auditor

I would say it is the genius of man, rather than stupidity.. And since we are so genius, it makes us quiet irrational..thus it would be passion, genius and irrationality that will kill us... My first answer though, would be death..plain simple death is the answer to the first two questions... The last..don't think so..world war is history, not reality..it is an understanding through literature, not perception... view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 13:12 by Harrol, Moderator

Good points Sokar. Well through belief and not rational proof i believe the world will end some day. view post

The End posted 04 Dec 2006, 15:12 by TheDarkness, Peralogue

I would agree that it will be the genius of man and his endless pursuit of new innovations. I would say that the current pursuit energy will lead to the burning of the world. The combination of matter and anti matter creates %100 energy (i believe the atom bomb in hiroshima produced less than %14 energy). While we are not currently able to contain anti matter it will soon be possible. Once this chain reaction is thought to be controllable we will find our selves with a weapon of unfathomable consequences. the nation that conrols it will become drunk with power and be forced to use it when other nations resist. A weapon of this magnitude could wipe out entire nations. Extreme power always finds its way to those with extreme positions. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 16:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

Hmm, I suppose it is true to say it would be the genius of man. Though in my opinion, in ways it does become the stupidity of it. We are indeed geniuses, or at least mankind is to an extent but in the end I believe it will be our mistakes that get us killed. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 17:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

I still believe that its going to be stupidity...the genius of man only extends as far as how he uses his genius.... and....we already have enough weapons of mass destruction to anhilate everyone across the globe...so...i dont think that better weapons will make a difference in power view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 17:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

I agree with that. We may have genius when it comes to building the wepons, but when it comes to using them... well, let's just say that we're doomed. view post

posted 04 Dec 2006, 17:12 by Sorcerous-Words, Auditor

*nods* view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.