Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Spam posted 29 November 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

true i remember a time when we did not have spam around here. view post

Spam posted 29 November 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

It was a good time and we had alot more active users than we do now. view post

Spam posted 30 November 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

It would help alot if the entire memberlist was cleaned of spammers in one big cleanout, then the spammers could be dealt with daily as they register.

Maybe we need more Mods? view post

Spam posted 30 November 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

WP for president.... I mean for mod. view post

Spam posted 30 November 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

ya, we need a mod that is here every daily. no offense to EE, but he's obviously busy and doesn;t have the time to clean stuff out. view post

Spam posted 01 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Ive got all the time in the world but its up to the admins. view post

Spam posted 01 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

WP do you want me to PM them or do you want to? view post

Spam posted 01 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

i'd nominate myself, but of course i would just turn into a tyrannical bitch. so i vote for WP. view post

Spam posted 01 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

I dont think you both are giving yourselves enough credit, you guys would make great Mods. I dont feel comfortable pming an admin asking him to make me a Mod so if you want me as a Mod pm them because Id be more than willing to help out. view post

Spam posted 03 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Nevermind im pming. view post

Spam posted 04 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Entropic_existence, Moderator

All we really need is to have one of those "punch in the characters from the image" thing in the registration page. Would cut down on virtually all automated spam. Of course the real people spammers are harder to deal with. view post

Spam posted 04 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Quote: "Entropic_existence":2639njrn
All we really need is to have one of those "punch in the characters from the image" thing in the registration page. Would cut down on virtually all automated spam. Of course the real people spammers are harder to deal with.[/quote:2639njrn]

true. i thought there was? view post

Spam posted 04 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

that is a great idea EE. The whole security code does seem to be some what effective. view post

Spam posted 04 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

I thought we had a security code?

Plus people are paid to spam these days so all they would really have to do is spam on their own or register and setup a code so maybe somewhat effective it wouldnt completely solve the problem. view post

Spam posted 04 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

True and no mater what it would not hurt to have another mod or two. view post

Spam posted 06 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

I hate back to back posts but i just want everyone to know that i went through and cleaned up a lot of spam. EE, WP and I will figure out an effctive way to deal with it for the future. view post

Spam posted 06 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

i guess that means it's all up to me to keep posting and find out what the further ranks are. view post

Spam posted 06 December 2006 in General AnnouncementsSpam by Harrol, Moderator

You go girl we are counting on you. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown