the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

What happens to them. posted 02 Oct 2006, 18:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Has anyone else noticed that the Mods disappear quickly not to be seen of again. My example is Entropic Existance. A very active boarder with lots of cool info then with some encouragement from me and some others he accepts the role of Mod. Now he is gone and no one has seen him for awhile. This leads me to ask what is happening to them? My thought is the spammers hunt them down and kill them. If that is what happened then I am very sorry for what has happened to EE. view post

posted 02 Oct 2006, 20:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

i noticed that too. when he was named as a mod i was like 'hoorah! death to spammers!!' but then he hasn;t done anything. i nominate harrol to be a mod. he obviously has waaaay too much time on his hands during the day. :x view post

posted 02 Oct 2006, 20:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Oh no you don't I do not want to die. I nominate Warrior Poet. Sorry WP it was either you or me. view post

posted 02 Oct 2006, 23:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

I would do it without a second thought Ive trained long and hard as a Spam Fu Fighter. And If you think Harrol has alot of time on his hands you should see how much time ive got. Plus i like having power not that I would use it for evil but just having it.....and next time ill nominate you for a particuarly dangerous position I always return the favor. I think Entropic is just busy with school. view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 00:10 by Harrol, Moderator

WP do not be too mad at me. My survival instincts were just over reacting. view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 02:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Were I in the same situation I would have done the same thing. view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 13:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

[quote="Warrior-Poet":1pthd3yn]and next time ill nominate you for a particuarly dangerous position [/quote:1pthd3yn] i like danger... garrr! view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 15:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Well I did something needlessly dangerous last week. In the gym that I work out at there is a marine who also works out there. He saw me running on the tread mill and said something to the effect that he did not know sailors could run. To which I replied to him " do you know what the difference between a marine and a sand bag is?" He said "no". Then I said "sand bags are cheaper and can catch more bullets." A second after I said that I thought boy I could have died just then or at least been in a fight with an angry marine. That was both stupid and suicidal. view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 17:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

oh ya? well i run with scissors. :twisted: view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 18:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Well I guess that is better than running with a chainsaw. view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 18:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

no no no i'm all about power tool safety. 8) view post

posted 03 Oct 2006, 21:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

You guys really crack me up. view post

posted 04 Oct 2006, 13:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

at least i'm good at something. view post

posted 04 Oct 2006, 19:10 by Hellscythe, Auditor

Oh yea...I play with fire :grins, lights match before running around with it: view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 03:10 by Edge of Certainty, Subdidact

well, as for the mods.....yeah...it was defntly the spamers/skin spies....but i think you have it backwards...i think that in a brave attempt to behead the largest spambot of them all, EE got overwhelmed and now he is laying dead somewheres in a pile of penis pills....this is my guess anyways....so yeah, and i also would like to second the vote for harrol for mod. i have nothing against you harrol, you are very cool, but someone needs to replace the late EE.....for a little while anyway.....then wp can replace you after the spammers get you view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 12:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Edge you would make a great officer or politician. You are more than willing to risk the lives of those around you. view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 17:10 by Entropic_existence, Moderator

I'm still here, I usually log in every few days to delete spam except for during the last week and a half-two weeks where commitments to my Masters work reduced my availabilty to even sleep :) Don't worry I won't be abandoning the board anytime soon to let it be overrun by the evil spammers. Although now I spend so much time deleting spam and reporting spam accounts that I don't leap into the discussions quite so much. Anyway I do my best to at least log in every two days or so, if not every day when I can. view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 18:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Cool EE good luck with getting your masters. :) view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 18:10 by Entropic_existence, Moderator

[quote="Harrol":3ksstzvy]Cool EE good luck with getting your masters. :)[/quote:3ksstzvy] Thanks, on another note I'll be away all weekend (Thanksgiving here and all) and very busy on Monday finishing up applications for funding. But I'll be around tuesday to clean out any spam that accumulates over the weekend. view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 23:10 by Edge of Certainty, Subdidact

[quote="Harrol":3f5mx8o4]Edge you would make a great officer or politician. You are more than willing to risk the lives of those around you.[/quote:3f5mx8o4] LOL view post

posted 06 Oct 2006, 23:10 by Edge of Certainty, Subdidact

[quote="Entropic_existence":1m6coagd]I'm still here, I usually log in every few days to delete spam except for during the last week and a half-two weeks where commitments to my Masters work reduced my availabilty to even sleep :) Don't worry I won't be abandoning the board anytime soon to let it be overrun by the evil spammers. Although now I spend so much time deleting spam and reporting spam accounts that I don't leap into the discussions quite so much. Anyway I do my best to at least log in every two days or so, if not every day when I can.[/quote:1m6coagd] i'm glad to see you aren't lying dead in a pile of penis pills, and good luck on your masters!! don't get too overwhelmed with the spam and stuff, i'm having a pretty fun time making fun of it and whatnot view post

posted 09 Oct 2006, 12:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Sadly enough Edge is right. Spam is a great toy to play with it reminds me of matches. view post

posted 10 Oct 2006, 05:10 by Edge of Certainty, Subdidact

indeed.....matches+fallen leaves=<3 view post

posted 10 Oct 2006, 12:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Yes and life is good...at least until dad catches you with the leaves and the matches. view post

posted 10 Oct 2006, 12:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

[quote="Entropic_existence":ljel00mh]I'm still here, I usually log in every few days to delete spam except for during the last week and a half-two weeks where commitments to my Masters work reduced my availabilty to even sleep :) Don't worry I won't be abandoning the board anytime soon to let it be overrun by the evil spammers. Although now I spend so much time deleting spam and reporting spam accounts that I don't leap into the discussions quite so much. Anyway I do my best to at least log in every two days or so, if not every day when I can.[/quote:ljel00mh] LIES! ALL LIES!!! he's a skin spy. :x view post

posted 10 Oct 2006, 14:10 by Harrol, Moderator

gierra you aren't suppose to tell a skin spy that you know who they are untill you are ready to capture them. :roll: view post

posted 10 Oct 2006, 19:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

who says i haven;t already? :twisted: view post

posted 10 Oct 2006, 20:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Tell me if they are hard to get information out of. view post

posted 11 Oct 2006, 12:10 by Edge of Certainty, Subdidact

yeah, and take pictures of the face fingers and post them....i always wanted to see face fingers... :lol: view post

posted 14 Oct 2006, 18:10 by Entropic_existence, Moderator

I have an image of being kept prisoner in gierras house. Hmmm view post

posted 15 Oct 2006, 05:10 by Hellscythe, Auditor

:chuckles: Heh, you guys are hilarious view post

posted 15 Oct 2006, 05:10 by Harrol, Moderator

I have an image of being kept prisoner in gierras house. Hmmm Does this image involve chainsaws and a painful death? :twisted: view post

posted 16 Oct 2006, 13:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

it would probably more likely include pancakes. i'm too good of a host. but then, the torture, of corpse. view post

posted 17 Oct 2006, 17:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Gierra's house of pancakes and painful death. Wow what a marketing idea. view post

posted 17 Oct 2006, 17:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

[quote="Harrol":2zj8ci7n]Gierra's house of pancakes and painful death. Wow what a marketing idea.[/quote:2zj8ci7n] AWESOME!!! -applies for small business loan- view post

posted 17 Oct 2006, 21:10 by Hellscythe, Auditor

pancakes and torture...its an IHOP = International House of Pain view post

posted 17 Oct 2006, 22:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

The jokes just get cornier and cornier on here. :) view post

posted 18 Oct 2006, 03:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Come on WP we are just getting warmed up. The jokes will get better or you will lower your standards and find them funny any ways. view post

posted 18 Oct 2006, 21:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Most likely I will forget what real funny is. view post

posted 19 Oct 2006, 12:10 by Harrol, Moderator

I believe that is happening already. view post

posted 19 Oct 2006, 22:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Oh nooooooooo! I will never know funny again!!!!!!!!!! view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 11:10 by Harrol, Moderator

Yes you will it is just going to be a distorted kind :twisted: view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 18:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

A very very distorted humor I will now know. view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 18:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

what if you already have a distorted sense of humour? anyone for dead baby jokes? view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 19:10 by Harrol, Moderator

No dead baby jokes are too much. It's kind of wierd but I actually like kids, much more than I do some adults. Since this is a topic about what happens to the Mods it would be acceptable to tell dead mod jokes. view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 19:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

don;t get me wrong, i love kids.. but i love dead baby jokes. i suppose i could change the terms. how do you make a dead mod float? one part dead mod, two parts rootbeer. view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 20:10 by Harrol, Moderator

That was great Gierra just watch out for the righteous mod hammer so it does not smite you. view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 20:10 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

dead mods don;t complain. :roll: view post

posted 20 Oct 2006, 22:10 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

They do you just dont hear them, for board heaven is very faraway indeed. view post

posted 06 Dec 2006, 16:12 by Harrol, Moderator

From now on no more modbeer floats Gierra. view post

posted 06 Dec 2006, 16:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Yeah I guess we are the righteous mod hammer now. view post

posted 07 Dec 2006, 15:12 by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

blast it! you guys suck. view post

posted 07 Dec 2006, 15:12 by Harrol, Moderator

Gierra instead of saying you guys suck you should say excuse me sirs, but with all do respect you guys suck. oh, and also throw in a thanks for noticing my existance. That's how a lowly didact should address the mods. :twisted: view post

posted 10 Dec 2006, 03:12 by Xray the Enforcer, Auditor

I was kidnapped by the ev0l spambots and forced to read Goodkind novels for weeks on end. I only just escaped. Fuckers!!! view post

posted 10 Dec 2006, 03:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

So WP, what do you think will happen to you since you have those *new* mod powers. I'd be afraid if I were you *laughs*. Look under your bed, I think I saw some spammers out to get you... view post

posted 10 Dec 2006, 04:12 by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

Pshhhhh spam looks under its bed for me. view post

posted 10 Dec 2006, 07:12 by Cordelia, Auditor

I look under my bed in fear of being raped. lol. I'm so random tonight.... or rather this morning. view post

posted 11 Dec 2006, 13:12 by Harrol, Moderator

Xray there is no excuse for reading Goodkind. Flimsy excuse like kidnapping do not justify reading those books. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.