Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 26 May 2006 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by Tol h'Eddes, Auditor

Anyone plan on reading Dune:Chapterhouse sequels?

[url=http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0765312921/qid=1148610205/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/702-6645579-5041669:enpiqeel]Yup, the new Dune book[/url:enpiqeel]

After reading the book description, I'm not so sure that I want to know what happen next...

!!! Spoiler Warning !!! Spoiler Warning !!! Spoiler Warning !!!

What? Have I read correctly?
"... Revive key figures from Dune’s past —including Paul Muad’Dib and his beloved Chani, Lady Jessica, Stilgar, Thufir Hawat, and even Dr. Wellington Yueh. Each of these characters will use their special talents to meet the challenges thrown at them."

Is it me or do I smell cheesy ending? view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 26 May 2006 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by Xray the Enforcer, Auditor

We had a thread on this over at westeros a month or two back, and the consensus was "utter shite." Much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair (but no tugging of braids, mind you) view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 26 May 2006 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

They do have a certain fascination with bringing people back to life.

I guess ill read it only because Dune and the first couple books are my favorite SciFI books ever view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 27 May 2006 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by Murrin, Peralogue

If I've heard correctly, it's supposedly based on 'lost chapters' written by Frank and only recently rediscovered, but I've not seen many people who believe that claim.
Anyway, for your perusal (in case you have not come across these yet): [url=http://www.dunenovels.com/dune7blog/chapters/Hunters-Chapter01.pdf:1evb8shf]Chapter 1[/url:1evb8shf] and [url=http://www.dunenovels.com/dune7blog/chapters/Hunters-Chapter02.pdf:1evb8shf]Chapter 2[/url:1evb8shf]. view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 07 February 2007 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by fixedMind, Commoner

Dune is my favorite Sci-Fi series. Ive read all the books, and while it is painfully obvious at times that it is not Frak Herbert wrting the newer books, I was not dissapointed with the final result. I had no problem burning through the "Machine War" trilogy, as well as the "House ___" trilogy. Hunters of Dune kept me sucked in throughout. I think a lot of readers get jaded by Frank Herbert's brilliance. They then turn and hold the new additions up against the originals, which ulitimately results in dissapointment. It's like holding a beautiful diamond up against a star in the sky on a cloudless night. I can respect people's opinions, and I know that a lot of people have been dissapointed by the new additions to the world of Dune, I'm just glad that I'm not one of them. view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 20 June 2007 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by non-Ajencis, Commoner

I can not bring myself to read the Dune books NOT written by Herbert. I tried once, and could not get 10 pages into it. Ugggh. Drivel. view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 31 December 2007 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by zephyr, Candidate

Yeah, Dune (by Frank Herbert) was definitely a great saga. I read the 2 trilogies by Anderson and B. Herbert and they were interesting, but is was definitely not the same and somewhat lacking. I won't read the conclusion to the saga by them because it won't have the same feel and I personally don't think it will be worth my time. view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 25 February 2008 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by noodles0585, Peralogue

i haven't began the dune series by anyone yet though i plan to start with frank herbert and go from there don't know how much interest i will have in the other authors but will have to read frank's dune first for sure. view post

Saga of Dune : The end? posted 27 February 2008 in Literature DiscussionSaga of Dune : The end? by noodles0585, Peralogue

well true to my word i am now about a hundred pages into dune and i must say that it is amazing and i am beginning to understand the critical acclaim that this book recieved i hope the others that follow the first book are as good as this one is shapping up to be. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown