Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Hierarchy of Ranks posted 23 May 2006 in Author Q & AHierarchy of Ranks by Dragyn, Commoner

Hi Scott, I just finished reading PON and first wanted to say it is an excellent series, the best I've read in a long time. Love the characters, the world, and especially that you plan to write more!

I was just curious, you use a lot of ranks in the book for the Inrithi, Fanim, Schools, etc-- like Palatine, Grandee, Earl, Padirajah, Grandmaster, etc. I was curious as to what is the order to these titles. Sorry if someone already asked or if I missed it in the index in TTT... view post

Hierarchy of Ranks posted 27 December 2006 in Author Q & AHierarchy of Ranks by brandon, Candidate

palatines and grandees are basically the same- high ranking nobles looking over large areas of land, an earl i think is a bit less powerful, but nonetheless another term for a nobleman. the padirajah would be the same as the monarch/kink/emporer, ect (so obviously the highest rank) a grandmaster can't really be compared because it isn't a land based rank. its just the head of an institution (like a religious order, a society, sorcery school, etc.) view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown