Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Nilnameshi posted 02 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by VJustin, Commoner

Hey everyone, I just re-read the few two books two months ago in prep for TTT. However, due to a busy schedule I'm just now getting to TTT. I just had a refresher question.

What do we know of the Nilnameshi? Are they black-skinned like the Zeumi? Are they Inrithi? If so, do they have followers of Fane under their rule? The Girgash appear to come from a mountain pass in Nilnameshi. Any info you guys can recall would be appreciated. Thanks! view post

Nilnameshi posted 02 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by Mahajanga Mordecai, Auditor

I've not been able to figure out the Nilnameshi yet. They are dark skinned but not Satyothi (Zeumi) so they aren't "black".

I was, in fact, recently lamenting the apparent lack of Asians and South Americans in Earwa, but maybe the Nilnameshi represent one of these; most likely the natives South America. Either that or Pacific Islanders, which would satisfy the Asian exclusion. view post

Nilnameshi posted 02 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by Warrior-Poet, Moderator

As to your question on whether they are Inrithi or not im certain there is a passage on it that says that it is an area where it is ucertain which religion they follow I would think they are somewhat of both a mixture but probably dominately Fanim. view post

Nilnameshi posted 02 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by Mahajanga Mordecai, Auditor

With regards to religion, I thought it was understood that they were Pagans. Especially after the discussion between Moenghus and Kellhus. As well as the conversation between Akka and Kellhus when Akka thinks to himself that Kellhus is speaking "Nilnameshi foolishness" with regards to his views on metaphysics. Did I create that out of thin air? view post

Nilnameshi posted 03 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by White Lord, Subdidact

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "pagans". That is a totally out-of-place term to use here. Even the Inrithi are pagans to Fanim eyes. The Nilnameshi worship the same gods of the Inrithi cultic religions (the Kiunnat) with their own twist added to them. (Check the Glossary entry on Nilnamesh for more details.) Nilnameshi seem to be very self-absorbed with their esotic cults, and are not generally expansionist, but due to high population density they are also a hard nut to crack, since even the Kianene have not been able to conquer them.

As to the ethnic composition of Nilnamesh, Scott told me it is inhabited by both Ketyai (majority) and Satyothi, with possibly a good number of people being darker-skinned than your average Ketyai due to a Satyothi admixture.

As to your question on the lack of Asians, well there are the Xiuhianni, but they are still living in Eanna, and they would be your equivalent of Asians. BTW, Scott said that no one race had a one-on-one correspondence with real-world ones, so, for instance, the Ketyai run the gamut from the peoples of the Indian subcontinent to the Middle East, while the Norsirai that of the Caucasian peoples, and the Xiuhianni should cover most of the Far East. view post

Nilnameshi posted 03 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by Mahajanga Mordecai, Auditor

Ah, I see. However I do remember Akka saying "pagan Nilnamesh" at some point; or rather thinking it. I think it was in WP though I'll have to check when I get a chance. Obviously the word "pagan" wouldn't have the same meaning to Earwa as it does to us. Thanks for the other info though. view post

Nilnameshi posted 03 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

Quote: "Mahajanga Mordecai":3ne0ktsv
Ah, I see. However I do remember Akka saying "pagan Nilnamesh" at some point; or rather thinking it. [/quote:3ne0ktsv]

that does sound familiar, actually.. view post

Nilnameshi posted 05 May 2006 in The Warrior ProphetNilnameshi by vercint, Peralogue

The Nilnameshi are probably something like Persians, or Indians, in that they're on the far side of the Moslems (Fanim) to the Christians (Inrithi) and they have war elephants. They are pagan in that both Fanim and Inrithi regard them as pagan. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown