the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Uther Doul v Kellhus posted 26 Apr 2006, 10:04 by zarathustra, Peralogue

I have recently been reading China Mieville’s ‘The Scar’ (highly recommended) and my childish mind has set to wondering who would win a fight between Kellhus and Uthor Doul. I wouldn’t want to try to call it if Kellhus wasn’t allowed to use magic and Uthor Doul wasn’t allowed to turn on the possible sword. Both seem to fight in the same way in calculating the probability of outcomes and fighting completely without emotion. Perhaps though Kellhus would be a bit more cunning with Uthor Doul constrained by the style of fighting he has learnt. Undoubtably it would be as Don King would say be the fight of the century. If Kellhus could use magic then Uthor Doul would stand no chance and the same would go for Uthor Doul turning on the possible sword. view post

posted 26 Apr 2006, 17:04 by Scilvenas, Auditor

It's been a while since I read [i:19ureqqz]The Scar[/i:19ureqqz] (the only Mieville book I've come close to liking), but under your conditions, I'd go with Kellhus. He's just faster, plus he'd be able to read and predict Doul. view post

posted 27 Apr 2006, 09:04 by zarathustra, Peralogue

Yes I think Kellhus would be able to read his opponent better and confuse him with faints. Also if Kellhus found himself stranded on Armada I'm sure he would within a couple of months have depossed the lovers and have Uther Doul doing his laundrey for him. view post

posted 27 Apr 2006, 17:04 by Scilvenas, Auditor

[quote:34jtpf80]Doulllllllllllllll! Doullllllllllll! Where are my clean skivvies?[/quote:34jtpf80] heh view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.