the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

is it really over? - the darkness that comes after posted 21 Apr 2006, 03:04 by jenoco777, Commoner

So, there it is, all done. With no closure! How could Bakker do this to me! For page upon glorious page I have waited for an ending which instilled as much satisfaction as every other moment this series has given me thus far. I cannot even begin to grasp what I was even expecting, but it certainly wasn't Achamian's fruitless, unknowing pursuit of honor finally culminiting in an all-encompassing denial of the savior he was. Does anyone agree with me? I could honestly read on for the rest of my life about these characters. I do not believe that they have fully reached their potential and feel as though I NEED to know more. Is it unhealthy to be this attached to an ensemble that exists in an age and geography completely unattached to my own reality? Well, I think not, and thus I have turned to fellow fans to ease the ache. I yearn for any and all opinions on the ending. view post

posted 21 Apr 2006, 21:04 by Entropic_existence, Moderator

There are more books coming, check out talk on "The Aspect-Emperor" which will be set 20 years after tPoN and tells the story of the second apocalypse. I believe Scott plans on this being either a duology or a trilogy. There's lots of talk, especially on the Q&A board. Scott's been pretty open about the time frame this series would cover and what the others would deal with. The PoN series was only supposed to cover the rise of Kelhus Anasurimbor and tell the story of the Holy War. view post

posted 04 May 2006, 04:05 by Nauticus, Auditor

Umm... I get the impression he's referring to [i:sjgfrs42]only[/i:sjgfrs42] the book, The Darkness that Comes Before. Well... there's two more books that make up this trilogy. The Prince of Nothing Trilogy Book 1: The Darkness that Comes Before Book 2: The Warrior-Prophet Book 3: The Thousandfold Thought view post

posted 06 May 2006, 01:05 by Brahm_K, Candidate

[quote="Nauticus":hmgx7k4a]Umm... I get the impression he's referring to [i:hmgx7k4a]only[/i:hmgx7k4a] the book, The Darkness that Comes Before. Well... there's two more books that make up this trilogy. The Prince of Nothing Trilogy Book 1: The Darkness that Comes Before Book 2: The Warrior-Prophet Book 3: The Thousandfold Thought[/quote:hmgx7k4a] He does say "series" in the original post. So yeah, Aspect Emperor, should be excellent. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.