the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Back-er or Bake-er? posted 17 Feb 2006, 23:02 by Mog-Pharau, Peralogue

The subject sez it all...I love to recommend your books to others (and in fact I have gotten one friend to read them so far), but when doing so I always stumble over your name, usually giving it both pronuciations in turn. I figured if anyone would know, it would be you. :) view post

posted 24 Feb 2006, 09:02 by Dublo7, Commoner

I think it's Back-er. That's how I say it anyway. view post

posted 24 Feb 2006, 11:02 by Cythraul, Commoner

I think I overheard him say "Bake-er" at the TTT signing... view post

posted 24 Feb 2006, 19:02 by Entropic_existence, Moderator

I alsways assumed it was Bakker but I have no idea :) view post

posted 24 Feb 2006, 20:02 by Twayleph, Auditor

Scott answers that question here : [url:751ukr7c]http://forum.three-seas.com/viewtopic.php?t=444[/url:751ukr7c] It's pronounced as "Bake-er". view post

posted 25 Feb 2006, 05:02 by Nauticus, Auditor

...And what does the R stand for? view post

posted 27 Feb 2006, 08:02 by Kingmanor, Candidate

Whatever it does I dont' think he likes it cus everyone calls him Scott. view post

posted 28 Feb 2006, 12:02 by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

Richard... I was originally named after my grandfather, but then he and my pop had a falling out. Needless to say, this made me one confused little tot. view post

posted 28 Feb 2006, 19:02 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

What I really want to know is how Scott pronounces these words: potato tomato either nuclear And of course... about :P view post

posted 02 Mar 2006, 11:03 by Cythraul, Commoner

A blessing in disguise, from a publicity perspective - "Richard Bakker" would be even easier to confuse with "Robert Bakker"... view post

posted 15 Mar 2006, 17:03 by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

I pronounce 'potato' as 'potato,' 'tomato' as 'tomato,' 'either' as 'either' (people usually laugh at that one), 'nuclear' as 'nuclear' (and not, as GWB does, as 'nookewleer'), and lastly, 'about' as 'go screw yourself Larry!' :wink: view post

posted 15 Mar 2006, 17:03 by Aldarion, Sorcerer-of-Rank

You wound me to the heart, Scott! But I should be honored of sorts, I suppose. After all, how many authors tell their fans to go 'screw themselves' in a public forum? :P *ponders setting up a [i:35pcovlh]Bakker is Our Dûnyain[/i:35pcovlh] website in revenge* ;) view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.