Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Anticipation of The Aspect-Emperor posted 16 February 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionAnticipation of The Aspect-Emperor by Swordsman, Commoner

I just finished TTT- did it in a little under two days, and I was late for work the second day. There's almost certainly nothing I can say about it that hasn't been said already. I'm looking forward to The Aspect-Emperor, of course, but what I'm most looking forward to about it came as a surprise to me:

The cover! I think the black, brown and red covers of the first trilogy are really spectacularly designed, and I find myself wondering, childishly, what colour the next one will be. view post

Anticipation of The Aspect-Emperor posted 16 February 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionAnticipation of The Aspect-Emperor by Mog-Pharau, Peralogue

I agree. They are the most tasteful fantasy covers I have ever seen, with the possible exception of Black Blossom. It would be a shame to break that tradition. view post

Anticipation of The Aspect-Emperor posted 09 March 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionAnticipation of The Aspect-Emperor by Nuuance E'vaance, Commoner

I agree. It's weird how I love the feel of a book, the look of a book, the texture of the paper, even the smell. I'm not sure what the style is callled, but I love the different size but pages in the versions I have. What is that style called? view post

Anticipation of The Aspect-Emperor posted 14 March 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionAnticipation of The Aspect-Emperor by gierra, Sorcerer-of-Rank

i don;lt know, but i also like the format of the books. i have the thousandofld thought sitting here in front of me, and i really love the feel of it and the look of the pages. it makes it seem like it is some ancient prize. view post

Anticipation of The Aspect-Emperor posted 15 March 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionAnticipation of The Aspect-Emperor by Zarathinius, Auditor

Yeah, the book covers are definately of excellent design; Their simplicity and elegance are incredibly alluring, which was what first attracted me to The Darkness That Comes Before in the first place.
I have a set of cloth-bound Lord of The Rings books that have the same effect, the binding is black cloth with a symbol of Sauron's Eye and the Ring stamped on the front. Simple and beautiful covers can be as eye-catching as the actual story is mind-riveting. view post

Anticipation of The Aspect-Emperor posted 15 March 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionAnticipation of The Aspect-Emperor by Edge of Certainty, Subdidact

I have to agree, and the cover of TDTDB is what got me hooked too....as for the Aspect Emperor, maybe it could be a nice two point perspective view of the Nansur Empire.....?? As long as it's not one of those that looks like the cover of a romance novel . view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown