Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Maithanet (TTT Spoilers) posted 08 February 2006 in Author Q & AMaithanet (TTT Spoilers) by Mithfânion, Didact

Scott, I was wondering, is Maithanet younger than Kellhus? I would expect so, but his descriptions make him seem older than Kellhus. Are they close in age?

BTW Kellhus would be 35 at trilogy's end, correct? view post

Maithanet (TTT Spoilers) posted 08 February 2006 in Author Q & AMaithanet (TTT Spoilers) by Entropic_existence, Moderator

He would have to be younger than Kellhus since he wasn't born until well after Moenghus' departure from Ishual. Maithanet was protrayed as a distant and mysterious figure for a reason, even when Achamian was in his presence when the Holy War was called we really didn't get that clear of a picture. Achamian's point of view was clouded, confused, tossed about, etc.. and so that is how we felt as well. I applaud the narrative style that left us in bewilderement until TTT for many plot points such as this. view post

Maithanet (TTT Spoilers) posted 09 February 2006 in Author Q & AMaithanet (TTT Spoilers) by Mithfânion, Didact

As I say, logically he should be younger since he was born after Moenghus left Ishual. On the other hand, his descriptions (we've had a few) make him come across as older. Which is why I wondered if Scott could confirm his age, or if there is perhaps some other reason for him coming across as older. view post

Maithanet (TTT Spoilers) posted 10 February 2006 in Author Q & AMaithanet (TTT Spoilers) by Entropic_existence, Moderator

I thought one of the descriptions, or perhaps a conversation Achamian had with either Inrau or Proyas had commented on how young he was to become Shriah. I could be mistaken though. view post

Maithanet (TTT Spoilers) posted 17 February 2006 in Author Q & AMaithanet (TTT Spoilers) by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

Maithanet is in his late twenties. Clues to his youth are sprinkled here and there.

I actually had a rationale for this (Moenghus subjecting him to continuous desert sunlight to prematurely age his skin), but I couldn't find anyplace to insert it where it didn't feel potted, so I decided to just leave it indeterminate. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown