Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Mandate Skin-Spy posted 22 February 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThe Mandate Skin-Spy by anor277, Didact

Quote: "Kingmanor":3ml40t36
What? With everything we have seen in this trilogy what makes you possibly think a skin-spy COULD kill Kellhus? With all his power he will somehow be replaced by a tekne'd creation? Gimme a break. The is zero evidence supporting that possibility.[/quote:3ml40t36]

And yet given enough skin spies, the Consult would have turned off Kellhus at Caraskarand. Their ambush might have worked at Shimeh too - certainly Kellhus anticipated the possibility, which was was why he developed translocation to evade the trap Aurang had set.

And considering the Prince of Nothing was about, well, the prince of nothing, what makes you think the Aspect Emperor will NOT have the POV of the aspect-emperor?[/quote:3ml40t36]

How the fock should you or I know; the books have not been written.

Main characters dying is one thing. Main characters replaced by subhuman creations that the entire three-seas knows about and NO ONE NOTICING is absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe you even consider it.[/quote:3ml40t36]

It seems we agree then. I certainly think it is absurd that a reader must remember that main characters could be killed and replaced by a demon (and only a Dunyain-trained can perceive them). And yet given skin spies with souls, or at least their possibility, this is precisely the situation that pertains. And I am pointing out the absurdity of this situation. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown