Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Inchoroi Origins/Aims posted 21 February 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtInchoroi Origins/Aims by Inner_visions, Candidate

I enjoy SF as much as the next guy, but the way Bakker was describing it always seemed so otherwordly and spiritual to me. I never even considered it to be how our universe is made, I thought of it as singularity. Like how we thought the world was in the Bible, just there by itself.

Like the way Final Fantasy 9 was, the souls circulating and keeping the planet's 'life' going. Like a natural cycle between ONLY the Outside and Earwa. The only book that I've read with something kind of like the visual images I'm getting is "His Dark Materials" and the fusion on many worlds into one space?

In regards to the sealing, I think it's kinda like FF9 again: when the souls stopped circulating the planet died. Untill every is gone there'll still be a trickle of 'water' coming through. If you plug all the holes where's the water going to go? No where, which is what the Inchoroi want. They just don't want to go to hell. They are like scared children, they just don't want to suffer. It's merely the idea of prevention, nothing in particular. Kind of like the madate's fear of the Consult or belief in God, you can't understand it but you can try your damned hardest to do something about it. (Constant recruitment by Mandate and prayer to God?)

It;s not something that I can explain easily as it seems more like something you feel rather than logically analyse.
I don't know if any of this makes sense either but w/e. I should explain what I mean about final fantasy 9 too...:

In FF9 there was a continuous cycle of souls, which was keeping the planet vibrant and alive; when the Gaians?(name check plz) started plugging the 'holes' where souls came through (the lifa tree?) the world started to wither and die. WHen all the souls were stuck dead, the gaians were going to repopulate and regrow the planet by only putting their souls in the mix.(?)

It's been a while since I played FF9 so if i'm wrong please tell me and clarify. Again, I don't know if any of this makes sense either but w/e, I'm trying ... eheheh view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown