the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

posted 07 Feb 2006, 16:02 by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

Lot's of questions! It's been a bloody busy week. In response to your original query, Twaleph, the idea is that in Earwa the supernatural worldview trumps the materialist worldview much the way the materialist trumps the supernatural in our world. The 'battle of worldviews' you mention is intentional on my part, but my hope was that TTT would put it to rest in an elegant as opposed to an awkward way. Personally, I'm not so sure. The Chorae Hoard is how Sakarpus managed to survive the First Apocalypse. The No-God circumvented it, saving his limited sorcerous resources to overcome the South. One of the ideas behind anarcane ground simply follows the notion that the boundaries between the World and the Outside are variable. Some, taking the distinction between wakefulness and dreams as their analogy, believe anarcane ground to be Holy ground - places where the God has, for whatever reason, focussed his attention - dreams lucidly - thus rendering the co-option of his Song by sorcery difficult if not impossible. Ooops! Running late for my daily squash spanking... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown.