Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

kellhus == good guy?? posted 19 May 2004 in The Darkness That Comes Beforekellhus == good guy?? by Sovin Nai, Site Administrator

Thank you very much. But regarding your last statement, what If I want to provide examples which support a lack of morality. Can you produce examples that support the existence of morality? I tend to believe that without a deity there can be no morality. And because I feel there can be no deity, I must therefore conclude that there is no morality (using morality in the bigger sense here, not as a personal code).

So, what the morality argument comes down to for me is whether there is or is not a god. However, your model seems to support morality without the presence of a deity, but seems to me to fall victim to the same godless morality quandary: there is no real standard if morality is simply a universal principal. Morality in this case then depends on the size and type of your universe, it would seem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and let me know what you think.

Edited 05.21.04: Inaccurate reference to Scott Bakker's position on deities and religion removed. My apologies, Scott. Sovin Nai view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown